Residence Inn Newport News Airport
US$174
Courtyard
US$90
US$88
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskrole modelcommunication skillswelcoming smilecomplete breakfasthot cakesprofessional behaviorlarge sausageoutdoor basketball courtmarriott websitefull kitchenwafflesthe kitchen staffcranberry juicemy home away from homeguest services
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I constantly stay at the Residence Inn in Newport News when I visit my family. Everything is always up to par. The staff truly go above and beyond! Kudos to the front desk because they make I don't go without. I always have my room, plus extras if needed. The ladies in the kitchen are fantastic! Housekeeping always speaks, even the guys. Which is slim to none as a possibility at any other hotel. I recommend this extended to any and everyone that comes to Newport News, whether business or pleasure. They are something to look forward to, and really treat everyone like family. I wouldn't have it any other way! thanks again for taking care of me guys!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Greetings!! Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot to our staff. We try to make sure everyone feels this is thier home away from home. We hope to see you again real soon so that we can meet your expectations again! Thank you

Danacey Harvey
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and I have we have nothing but great things to say about it. When we walked through the front door we were greeted with a friendly smile, I think her name was Danceya and she even gave us a free upgrade! Everyone was very pleasant and the ladies in the kitchen were just lovely making sure we had everything we needed. Rooms were very clean and large. I was very surprised they were so nice. I will be back again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you Brenda for your comments, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and they really mean a lot to us. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at the Residence Inn in Newport News. Everything was great. The front desk staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. I didn't get her name, but when we checked in, the young lady who was working told us about all of the restaurants we could visit for dinner since we weren't sure where to go. She also gave us directions to Target.

We had a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms are spacious and very clean. More than enough space for the 3 of us. We like having the 2 bathrooms so showering and getting dressed in the morning is easier and not cramped. The breakfast in the morning is included with the stay. The morning we were there, they had scrambled eggs, turkey sausage hash, red skinned potatoes, turkey Canadian bacon, cook yourself waffles, assorted cold cereals and breads/muffins and oatmeal. The ladies who work in this area are so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello ScoobyVA,

We are so excited that you decided to come back and visit us again here in Newport News. My whole staff is glad you and your family enjoyed it once again and that we were able to meet your expectations. I have a great staff and we try to make everyone feel that this is their home away from home. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We liked our stay at the hotel for the kids enjoyed the pool and the staff was courteous. Breakfast was average, but just not quite as good as most Resident Inns. Frozen items like sausage and potatoes could have been more appetizing but the kids ate it anyway. For example they had potatoes but they did not mix them with peppers for flavor as you find in most Resident Inns the bread selection was inadequate. Perhaps as this was a Sunday the ran out of food.

The room we stayed #426 was ok but the sofa bed mattress should have been discarded months or years ago. The springs were shot and to make matters worse one was broken and sticking out of the corner of the mattress where I preceded to run against it and stick a whole in my leg. Fortunately we stopped the bleeding and put a bandage on it and a doctor visit was not necessary.

Room Tip: Don't count on a good sleep if a sofa bed is required and be aware of the mattress in # 426
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hello Nenate,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit with us. We are very sorry to hear about the sofa mattress in your room and I have taken care of that so this does not happen to another guest. We certainly do not want anyone to get hurt on that and again I am very sorry that happened during your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding staff service and I have also spoken to my staff to ensure that we are only putting out Reisdence Inn breakfast standards. Some mornings do require that we put onions and peppers in the potatoes and some mornings do not but I will make sure they are following all the correct standards. I hope if you are in the area again you give us another try.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel with my family while on a business trip. We had an equally great visit this time as well. The hotel is excellent for families, with a good breakfast buffet and 2-3 evenings a week (typically Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) a "manager's special" 6:00-7:30pm, with either pulled pork sandwiches, chicken salad, nachos, and salads and drinks.

We got two-room suite, with two bathrooms plus bath/shower, and a kitchen-living room area between. We thus had 3 large flat screen TVs, and our kids could watch their own shows without arguing. The kitchen is decently equipped with a few pots a pan, dishes, cups, glasses and cutlery, and offers a full-sized fridge. We cooked and ate there often, both lunch and dinner.

The hotel has a good sized pool, a BBQ area outside (the hotel staff will light it for you) and a super nice basket ball court, with two baskets/hoops with nets (the front desk provides the basketball). While I was at work my wife had not trouble keeping the kids occupied and entertained and this included them using the business computers -- although she had them come off as soon as someone else needed to use the computers. The reception-lounge area is very nice, with several large TVs, including a couple in more secluded spots.

The staff is plainly great both at the front desk and at breakfast. They are especially good to kids.

If you're in Newport News and bring your family along you can't go wrong at the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. The ground floor has considerable traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tzikat

Hello Regina!

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us again and glad that you enjoyed the hotel once again. We appreciate your response and I have shared it with all my staff. They really look forward to seeing reviews so that we can always look for ways to improve and make every guest feel that this is their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you so much!