Residence Inn Newport News Airport
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskrole modelcommunication skillswelcoming smilecomplete breakfasthot cakesprofessional behaviorlarge sausageoutdoor basketball courtmarriott websitefull kitchenwafflesthe kitchen staffcranberry juicemy home away from homeguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have never stayed at any Marriott property where it was not immaculate, comfortable and you could rest assured that things were clean. This property did not live up to my ideals for Marriott. Tub drains, sink drains were so slow you could grow a beard waiting for the water to recede. There was hair evident in the shower. The coup de grace were the filthy sheets with hair everywhere at 12:15 AM as we had hoped to crawl into bed. That toasted it and we called the desk for fresh sheets and informed them we would be checking out in the morning cutting short a two night stay.

In the interest of brevity I can only say this property needs help in housekeeping. If Mr. Marriott had stayed here this night, it would have lost that name immediately.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank William I
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hello William I,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during you stay and also that you had to leave us due to this issue. Again I know we have been speaking through customer care with Diane and Im glad that we could get this resloved for you and again I am very sorry and we can assure you that we are doing everything to improve and to make sure that this does not happen to another guest. We have a great hotel, great staff so there was no reason for this to happen at all during your stay. I hope if you are in the area again you will call me so that you can give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel over the holidays and had amazing time. Breakfast was above and beyond, rooms were so spacious I was pleasantly surprised to have a full kitchen and fireplace. Staff was friendly, easy check in, housekeeping was on point. I will for sure visit this hotel again!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank OneStep0302
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We appreciate your comments in regards to your recent visit during the Holidays and glad that your expectations were met. I too love the Fireplace rooms, it just gives that added touch of being at home especially this time of year. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Rebecca Jones

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here during the Christmas Holiday and I can say it was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Lobby was festive and all the staff was very friendly and always making sure we had everything we needed. Room was very clean and the housekeeper who cleaned are room always left extra ammenities and she always had a smile on her face. I cant wait to come back to this hotel soon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank eagels67
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hello Eagles 67,

We really do appreciate your comments! They really mean a lot to our staff, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to hear feed back from our guest so we can always provide the exceptional service! Thank you

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stay at Residence Inns all the time - but this particular property had numerous deficiencies, as follows:
- room was not clean
- sheets were stained
- floor had stains
- coffee mugs were dirty in the cabinet
- cross-contamination with housekeeping. I asked the housekeeping lady for additional towels. She pulled several dirty sheets off the top of her cart where she had the clean towels under.
- they were out of most breakfast items

I've added photos of the cleaning issues with our room to this review.

Room Tip: Bring your antibacterial wipes for this place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bryan5150
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Hello bryan5150,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that this happened during your stay with us. I would like for you to contact me regarding all the items you have mentioned as I was not aware so we could discuss further. We take customer satisfaction very serious and we strive very hard to make sure that the Residence Inn is every guest home away from home while they are here. I have also shared your comments with my housekeeping staff. My information is below so that you can contact me.

Rebecca Jones
757-842-6214
rebecca.jones@shaminhotels.com

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I had a 2 days stay at this property recently and have nothing but praise . Front desk staff really made us feel welcome upon arrival and even though we arrived at hotel very early our room was ready for us. The suites are all spacious, clean and have all the amenities you would want. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was more than adequate and the guest computor was a nice plus, since I had left my laptop at home. I would not hesitate to recommend the Residence Inn to anybody,especially families.

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank countryy
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello Countryy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback it really means a lot to the entire team! We want to make sure that every guest feels welcome and to also feel that this is thier home away from home. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you