“Very Clean Hotel”

Residence Inn Newport News Airport
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. Both trips were booked using reward points. The first stay a few years ago was in a suite. This stay was in a one bedroom.

Room was in good shape. Bed was a little soft for my tastes, but my wife loved it. Sleeper sofa was suitable for the kids.

Workout room is above average although I didn't have a chance to use it.

Breakfast was better than typical "free" buffet fare. My only breakfast complaint was there was not a choice of a high fiber cold cereal.

Wifi speed in our hotel room towards the end of the hall was quite good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you ModerationForme!

Thank you for visiting us again and we were so glad to have you back. Your feedback really means a lot to us so that we can continue to provide great service for all of our guest. I also appreciate your comment in regarding to the high fiber cereal, we were certainly look into this for you to see if we can make this change. Once again thank so much and hope to see you again!

Rebecca J. Jones

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed at other hotels in the area, this hotel is the absolute best.
I arrived at the Residence Inn Hotel, 3-22-14, I was pleasantly greeted by Ashley Dupree,

Ashley displays a tremendous amount of initiative, and her communication skills are Excellent... I can honestly say that in my opinion, a person with MS Dupree's character and personality has a positive effect on her performance of her position. She is a positive role model for excellent customer service, and an addition to any organization or company she represents.
I want to sincerely Thank Ashley for making my stay at Residence Inn warm and welcoming. Please continue to keep staff like Ashley at Your hotel, Please Pass along my sincere appreciation, for her professionalism in customer service.

BREAKFAST:
I also would like to say the Breakfast was also Excellent, your Breakfast Staff, Denise, kitchen manager, Brandy, Shelia, all represent professional behavior, very warm and welcoming asking are you OK, do you need anything that they could provide,
I also observed that they are A great Tem to work together, one employee compliments the other as far as work ethics,, not to mention the great breakfast foods provided, large sausage, hot cakes, muffins, fresh fruits, as well as fresh cut fruits, scrambled eggs,. And I just love the Home fries, which makes for a complete breakfast, NOT TO MENTION ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE . OVER ALL EXCELLENT STAY…..

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and comfortable, with a TV above the fireplace.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello CJSmitty,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot to all of us here. I'm so glad that Ashley was able to give you outstanding customer service while your were here. She is a true asset to all of us here. We are also glad that the breakfast staff made your stay enjoyable as well! We hope to you see again soon!

Rebecca Jones

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I am a frequent Marriott guest and have to say that customer service has been phenomenal! The staff has called me by name since check-in, and even offered to help us get our bags to the room. Our room is spacious and clean, and breakfast was well prepared! We check out tomorrow, but will certainly return to this hotel if we are ever back in the area! There are many chain restaurants in the area, as well as a mall, so dining out is simple.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello Kristie A,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with is, it really means a lot to me and my staff. We are so glad that we met your expectations while you were here. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before on business and enjoyed it so I decided to take my family here for a relaxing weekend. My son had a small issue but the staff went above and beyond to fix it. Everyone working there was polite and you really felt that they cared about you and your stay especially Thomas and Rebecca. The breakfast was great and the rooms were very clean and modern. The pool was indoor so we used it and loved it, even though there was snow outside. We will definantly be comming back here and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have fireplaces which is nice during the cold months.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kyle2007
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Kyle 2007,

Thank so you much for your kind review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you son is feeling better Wel look forward to seeing you again soon. Don't forget to email me when you want to come back so I can put your reservation in for you. I have shared you comments with my staff and thank you also for the kind words about Thomas, it really means a lot to everyone.

Rebecca Jones

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the week. Its located off the main road and though near and airport it was very quiet. The decor in the lobby and rooms is modern. All of the employees were friendly and warm. The front desk girls are very informative about local attractions, places to eat and restaurants. The breakfast was hot and full of variety. The women who worked it are also very good at what they do. My room was clean. It was fully equipped with everything needed to cook and eat. I only wish I could have had more time to use the stuff. Overall the hotel is welcoming, friendly and clean. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leslie G
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Leslie G,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay. Our Team strives to make sure that every guest has the best stay while visiting with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Dancey Harvey

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and we had a very good time. Staff was wonderful, clean rooms with kitchens , great breakfast and big lobby area. We come to the area a lot because my daughter attends college in the area and by far this is the best hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello Gingerpi!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for your wonderful review it really means a lot to our staff. We hope if you are in the area gain which Im sure you will be with your daughter in college in the area that you make your next reservation with us. We would love to be your home away from home on your next visit. See you soon!

Danacey Harvey

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Residence Inns are my favorite hotels and this was my first stay at this one. It is a very short drive from the Newport News airport, interstate, stores and restaurants. There is ample parking. This is an upscale Residence Inn with a very large lounge area. Checking in was very professional and seamless - no issues there whatsoever. My room was furnished with very upscale and professional furniture. The downers were the office chair was clearly in need of replacement - it was worn on the seat such that a large portion of the seat was white (chair upholstery was otherwise black). Then I found out the disposal wasn't working - unfortunately, you typically don't learn this until you are trying to use and then it is too late to do anything about it. I tried the Manager's social one evening when they were serving pepper steak. It looked great and I was the only one there - turns out, everyone else must have known something. The food was not good - the meat was fatty and had a metallic taste, the peppers were overcooked to the point of being nearly mush. They did serve Dr Pepper on tap, which was great - haven't seen that before at Residence Inn. The hotel was always immaculate and the employees were generally friendly. The view I had from window was of a trailer park. Not a bad hotel at all - but didn't quite live up to the high standards I've come to expect from Residence Inn. I hope to get another chance to stay there to see if my few downers were an aberration or a trend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hello Patrick H,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Feedback from our loyal guest really means a lot to us. I have shared your comments with Department Leaders and staff. We are pleased to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay. We are making it a priority to address your "few downers" to ensure in the future these issues don't become a trend. Here at the Residence Inn we strive for excellence and we hope that when you are in town again you give us another chance to exceed you expectations.
Thanks,