“Awsome Customer Service, Excellent Suites, Wonderful Stay, Highly Reccommend”

Residence Inn Newport News Airport
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a frequent Guest of this particular hotel “Residence Inn, Newport News VA”, my family and I have stayed at this hotel many times. They provide a warm and personal welcome, when we walk through the door and recognize us as repeat customers. The staff is fantastic, and makes us feel like a member of their own family. I will give this Hotel Residence Inn (5 STARS), for Guest Services, Food, Cleanliness, Location, The grounds are well kept; the parking lot is great, well lit at night.
I cannot say enough about how welcome we feel when we stay here. I would like to extend a special Thank you to the Hotel Management Staff, Mrs. Rebecca (Becky) Jones, (Gen Manager) Ashley, Amanda, Chris, Ashley you are wonderful, Amanda a great help they went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible, All of the staff went out of their way to make sure every need was taken care of.
All the staff expresses pleasant smiles and professionalism, Denise the best kitchen hostess, who prepare the most wonderful buffet breakfast to include, sausage, Home fries, (Red Potatoes) which I love eggs, fresh yogurt cups, orange Juice, coffee, fresh fruits breakfast preparer in the Peninsula area. Thanks, Denise and Elaine for her excellent service in preparing the Evening Social which included Tacos/,taco Salad, Cheesecake etc., wonderful social ,...
Both of these ladies deserve five stars for customer service, pleasant attitudes, hard work... Let's talk about the Hotel suites, everything was cleaned comfortable... I would also like to Thank Yasmeen who was the Housekeeper, always with a smile, the suite was very clean with a fresh smell, and the Shower was awesome. Also would like to Thank Mr. Will for taking care of my routine AC Maintenance, I would also like to thank William for helping me with my luggage... Thank you All for making my family feel special. The company was great, and the experience was great as always enjoyed the quiet home like atmosphere.
The hotel is located in a sort of secluded area. Situated away from the highway. In all we had a wonderful experience, a very nice comfortable place to stay., The hotel offers quick access to absolutely any place you need to go in the area, including I-64, Dept. stores, Dillard’s, Ross etc. This is the absolute Best hotel. I consider this property my top choice. I heartily recommend the Residence Inn Newport News. I am loyal to Marriott, I will be returning to this property in late June, 2014. Excellent, Excellent Excellent.
Aspen1424

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review it really means a lot to all of us here! I have a great team here and with positive feedback like yours it really makes their day! We want everyone to feel like this is their "Home Away From Home"

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for a baseball tourney. Great facility. Pool and basketball courts for the kids...walking distance from Carrabba's. Suites are spacious. I am a Marriott loyalist and this is one of the best properties of it's kind.

Stayed: May 2014
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you Irg37 for you review as it means a lot us! We are delighted that you are your family enjoyed the hotel and the area during your recent visit with us. I hope you did well at your sports event and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Rebecca Jones

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Another WONDERFUL STAY! I've had such GREAT EXPERIENCES, I don't even think of staying anywhere else!!!
Clean rooms, good food, OUTSTANDING customer service & A SUPERBLY ran facility....... ;-)
Mike L.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike L
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind review and as always we look forward to seeing you and your family.

Danacey Harvey

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a solid choice in Newport News -- OUTSTANDING staff, well-equipped and clean suites, and above-the-norm breakfast selection. The hotel offers quick access to absolutely any place you need to go in the area, including I-64, Patrick Henry Mall, local universities and numerous eateries, however, is neatly tucked away close to a very safe residential area. Great facilities for pets, including a separate entrance and lots of space around the hotel for long walks. Outdoor firepit area is a nice touch.

1  Thank Marie C
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello Marie C,

Thank you so much for your kind review and I'm so glad that our staff was able to meet your expectations while you were here. I have shared your comments with them and we hope to see you again soon if you are ever back in the Newport News area again. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. Both trips were booked using reward points. The first stay a few years ago was in a suite. This stay was in a one bedroom.

Room was in good shape. Bed was a little soft for my tastes, but my wife loved it. Sleeper sofa was suitable for the kids.

Workout room is above average although I didn't have a chance to use it.

Breakfast was better than typical "free" buffet fare. My only breakfast complaint was there was not a choice of a high fiber cold cereal.

Wifi speed in our hotel room towards the end of the hall was quite good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you ModerationForme!

Thank you for visiting us again and we were so glad to have you back. Your feedback really means a lot to us so that we can continue to provide great service for all of our guest. I also appreciate your comment in regarding to the high fiber cereal, we were certainly look into this for you to see if we can make this change. Once again thank so much and hope to see you again!

Rebecca J. Jones

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed at other hotels in the area, this hotel is the absolute best.
I arrived at the Residence Inn Hotel, 3-22-14, I was pleasantly greeted by Ashley Dupree,

Ashley displays a tremendous amount of initiative, and her communication skills are Excellent... I can honestly say that in my opinion, a person with MS Dupree's character and personality has a positive effect on her performance of her position. She is a positive role model for excellent customer service, and an addition to any organization or company she represents.
I want to sincerely Thank Ashley for making my stay at Residence Inn warm and welcoming. Please continue to keep staff like Ashley at Your hotel, Please Pass along my sincere appreciation, for her professionalism in customer service.

BREAKFAST:
I also would like to say the Breakfast was also Excellent, your Breakfast Staff, Denise, kitchen manager, Brandy, Shelia, all represent professional behavior, very warm and welcoming asking are you OK, do you need anything that they could provide,
I also observed that they are A great Tem to work together, one employee compliments the other as far as work ethics,, not to mention the great breakfast foods provided, large sausage, hot cakes, muffins, fresh fruits, as well as fresh cut fruits, scrambled eggs,. And I just love the Home fries, which makes for a complete breakfast, NOT TO MENTION ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE . OVER ALL EXCELLENT STAY…..

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and comfortable, with a TV above the fireplace.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello CJSmitty,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot to all of us here. I'm so glad that Ashley was able to give you outstanding customer service while your were here. She is a true asset to all of us here. We are also glad that the breakfast staff made your stay enjoyable as well! We hope to you see again soon!

Rebecca Jones

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I am a frequent Marriott guest and have to say that customer service has been phenomenal! The staff has called me by name since check-in, and even offered to help us get our bags to the room. Our room is spacious and clean, and breakfast was well prepared! We check out tomorrow, but will certainly return to this hotel if we are ever back in the area! There are many chain restaurants in the area, as well as a mall, so dining out is simple.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello Kristie A,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with is, it really means a lot to me and my staff. We are so glad that we met your expectations while you were here. We look forward to seeing you soon!