All reviews two bedroom suite front desk role model communication skills welcoming smile complete breakfast hot cakes professional behavior large sausage outdoor basketball court full kitchen waffles the kitchen staff cranberry juice my home away from home guest services turkey sausage
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed earlier in month as it is a convenient layover for a visit to Norfolk Naval Base and Williamsburg Va. Traffic was the worst we've ever seen due to construction but that isn't the fault of the hotel. Very quiet surroundings even tho the hotel was full for each of the three nights we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you Chris for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback really means a lot to all of us here. I can agree with 100% about the traffic on 64. That will all soon get better though and we are certainly looking forward to it.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were greeted by Rebecca (Becky) at the front desk. Her warm smile, professional demeanor and pleasant temperament set the bar high for excellence in reception desk performance. Rebecca was able to answer all our questions and concerns in a manner that represented the high standard of customer service that the Marriot chain is known for offering its customers. Our spacious 2Bedrm/2bath suite was clean and well appointed. The kitchen, livingroom and dining area added to the home away from home ambiance.

Room Tip: 2Bedrm/2Bath is spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank panhak
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

WOW! Thank you so much for your review!! Your kind words really mean a lot to all of us here. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and it was such a pleasure having you here with us. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The facility makes a good impression online and in person when walking into the lobby. The room appeared clean; however, throughout our 4-day stay we found other people's things as we retrieved items that were dropped or rolled under the bed. We found a bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies between the end table and the wall, a soda bottle under the bed with candy wrappers, and a pair of panties in the dresser. The indoor pool was appreciated. The laundry facility had the cleanest lint screens of any hotel I have used.

Room Tip: backside of building away from parking lot (an alarm went off early one morning)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny H
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello JennyH,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent trip to Newport news, VA. We are very sorry to hear about the items/cleanliness issues you had in your room. This is certainly unacceptable and I have shared your comments with my staff so that we can make the necessary steps to so this does not happen to another guest. We hope if you are in the area again that you will give us a second chance. Thank you again !

Reviewed 31 August 2017

8-31-2017 REVIEW Residence Inn Hotel
Title- Comfortable Stay- Excellent Stay Warm Home Atmosphere-Residence Inn Newport News VA
I arrived at the Residence Inn Hotel, 6-18-17; when I walked into the Residence Inn Newport News what a beautiful lobby, warm grey comforting colors
I was greeted by Ashley front desk, and her words, how can I help you today, with her bright smile. She is a great, communication skills are Excellent, with her pleasant smile, and can do attitude... I can honestly say that in my opinion, a person with Ashley’s character and personality has a positive effect on her performance of her position. She is a positive role model and Excellent in Guest services.
The entire Hotel staff displays a warm and welcoming attitude.
I have stayed at this Hotel for several years, and I am always greeted with a warm and welcoming smile, and can-do attitude
Amanda’s communication skills are Excellent, with her pleasant smile, and can do attitude... I can also say that in my opinion, a person with Amanda‘s character and personality has a positive effect on her performance of her position. She is a positive role model and excellent in Guest services. As well as her peers.
In addition Mrs. Becky Jones, General Manager, She exceeds my expectations as a General Manager she has the best personality, as well as a pleasant smile, make you feel welcoming and ensure you enjoy your stay
Danacy, Assistant Manager, pleasant smile, Keisha, night Auditor, great personality, Curtis, Night Houseman, hard worker
Renita, Guest Services, pleasant warm smile,
Night Housman, Leona, pleasant smiles a lot
Engineering/Maintenance Dept.” Pat” Mr. Will hard workers, pleasant smile
Tammy Head of housekeeping, smiles, hard worker, great House Keeping Staff and overall a great team in guest services.
Brenda, performs Housekeeping, for my suite and several other suites, she is Trustworthy, and a hard worker, always greet me with a smile
She always ask me, do I need anything she is an awesome house keeper, She make sure you have everything you need in your Suite to be comfortable during your Stay at the Residence Inn ,I was there for 10 Days
Please pass along my sincere appreciation, for

The rooms are Beautiful, great colors, nice size TV, Great water pressure in the Shower, soft towels, the hotel may be located near the Airport; you cannot really hear the airplanes. There is a mall not too far away for shopping, great local restaurants, and stores to shop, Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, not too far away
BREAKFAST:I also would like to say the Breakfast was Excellent, Denise, Shelia, Ruby all represent professional behavior, They are very warm and welcoming asking are you is there anything else you need! Is everything OK, EVENING SOCIAL, Mon, Tue, Wed is well prepared,
I observed that they are a great Team and work well together, each employee compliments the other as far as work ethics,, not to mention the great breakfast foods provided, large sausage, Waffles, make your own, hot cakes, English muffins, fresh cut fruits, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, apples, bananas, scrambled eggs,. And not to mention, I just love the Breakfast, Oatmeal, cold cereals, which makes for a complete breakfast, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, soft drinks, coffee, and a variety of teas
Comments: Hotel Appearance, Large Suites/Studios, Great Lobby,
Walk into the Lobby there is a warm welcoming feeling, the soft greys and the pop of color is warm so welcoming, The King size bed was comfortable as well. I want to sincerely thank the staff for making my stay at Residence Inn warm and welcoming as always... As they do every year Great staff, My Home away from Home,
OVER ALL EXCELLENT STAY as always…
OA, Suite 501
CJ Smitty
Maryland, 2017

Room Tip: Large Suites, full kitchens, Studios, comfortable King Beds, great shower water pressure
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CJSmitty
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

WOW!!! CJSMITTY!
Thank you so much for that great review! It really means a lot to all of us here and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is such a pleasure seeing you as this is your home away from home!! I am glad that my staff was able to meet your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed at the Residence Inn for three nights as we were visiting nearby Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. The hotel was very nice and for my first time staying at a Residence Inn it was a solid place. The rooms were very large as they were all suites with kitchens, which are a plus. We had one issue with are vanity, but maintenance came up and fixed the issue. There was a little dust in the drawers, in the room but that reallly wasn't an issue. Breakfast was good, but this is where my complaint comes in. This hotel doesn't have enough seating for the amount of people staying there. We came down one morning to find no seats and had to wait a good ten minutes before a table opened up. Besides that our stay was great and i recommend this hotel if you are staying 3+ nights.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor at the end of the hallway
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hello Max O !
Thank you so much for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we have shared them with out team so that we can take a better look at out seating for breakfast. I certainly understand how frustrating that can be. Summer time is very busy for us and sometimes it is hard for us to accommodate everyone at the same time but we defiantly try our best. We hope to see you again real soon!