“Usually very nice.”

Courtyard Newport News Airport
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed at this Marriott property many times, and will continue to do so when I'm in town visiting the in-laws. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean and comfortable. I really like the lobby cafe that serves Starbucks coffee in the morning. Their fitness room is ok, with three treadmills, an elliptical or two, a stationary bike, some free weights, and a pulley tower--enough for a business maintenance workout.

This trip was a bit of an anomaly, however. My room was steamy hot and the spa was cold. They fixed the air conditioning (they also offered to move me to another room), but seemed puzzled when I asked if they could actually heat the spa, which was only a couple of degrees warmer than the pool and ambient air. Odd.

Despite this one-off trip, I give them four dots and will be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Steve H,

Thank you for being a continued guest, here; at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulty that you experienced as a guest with your AC unit. My Chief Engineer has been investigating this issue. We did find a problem and it has been corrected. Now, the spa concern. We keep the Spa at a temperature of 102 degrees. I'm having my Chief look into that too.

Your hotel experience is important to me. I'm thankful that you have alerted me to the concerns of your most recent hotel stay. Believe me we're on it!

Again, thank you for your comments!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Newport News Airport

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is the 2nd time staying at this hotel and it was just as good the 2nd time as the first. Staff is on top of it! Best hotel in Hampton Roads. I live in Va. Bch and normally don't stay over nite when I am this close to home but this hotel rocks!! This hotel truly has it all. They let us grill out on the patio, kids played in the pool, TV and internet area in lobby it great. Even has a nice sitting area in the lobby to have a drink and talke. Fire pit on patio was great too. Check in and check out was a breeze. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Have stayed twice in 2 kinds of rooms and both were great!! not a bad room in the place that I know...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle H

Dear Michelle H,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for the kind words.

Thank you for selecting our hotel again for your overnight accommodations. We LOVE REPEAT GUESTS!

If you or your family ever need anything on this side of the water, please let me know. We would love to have them be our guest too!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The parents of my travel team loves this hotel . It doesn't matter when we stay it's always a great experience .
The General Manager Elizabeth Parker and Senior Sales Manager Kelli Lantz are simply amazing to deal with they are always willing to go the extra mike to assure the our baseball families are well taken care of and they even make a point to call after check out to follow up on our experience.
Now for the rooms . The beds are so comfortable which makes it difficult to wake up in the mornings , the rooms are always clean and refreshing .
I'm very picky about the sheets and towels and yes those are perfect as well .
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone or any group looking for a great place to stay .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank sarobbins1973

Dear Sarobbins1973,

Thank you for that wonderful review!

Kelli and I want each guest to know how important they are to us. We want to make sure that your hotel experience is outstanding.

I'm glad that you and your family had a delightful time here. And, I look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice suite with excellent bed mattresses, very presentable interior and exterior. Swimming pool, lobby and others are very clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel if you plan to come to this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear TravelBuddy777,

Thank you for selecting my hotel while visiting Newport News, Virginia. your hotel experience is very important to me.

We receive so many requests for our suites. Our guests love them and I'm glad you did too!

If you ever need further assistance in making reservations at our hotel, please reach out to me personally. It would be my pleasure to make them for you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I want to thank Jenny and the entire staff of this fantastic hotel for going out of their way this past weekend for our family reunion. They provided us with phenomenal customer service and bent over backwards to attend to our every need. The Housman, Mr. Allen, was my right hand during our events. With all of his extra duties, he made time for us and catered to our every need, fantastic! Vivian was amazing as well...and made some great drinks!! We could not have pulled this event off without their help and flexibility. If you're looking for a place to hold any event, this is your one stop shop! I can't say enough wonderful things about this place! Thank you again!!
(Wendy & Rodney Cathcart)

• Stayed: May 2014
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Rdcathcart (aka Wendy & Rodney)

It gives me great joy to read such a wonderful comment. My team tries very hard to make each event special and memorable. I'm glad that we were able to assist. Jenny, Mr. Allen, Vivian and the rest of the team are without a doubt priceless to me. I want to thank you for allowing us to host your family reunion.

Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard Newport News Airport!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of the hotel was great, as well as the very presentable exterior. However, we arrived about 15 minutes after check-in only to be told that there was no rooms cleaned in order to proceed with check in and that we would need to wait about 40 minutes. Since we had called earlier and were told we could check in early (around 2:30), I was far from pleased to have to sit for an hour after check- in time began. Once we finally got to our room, we realized there was only one towel. When the desk was questioned they simply responded with, "oh yes, they are being cleaned." With how long we had to wait past check-in for them to clean a room for us, I was quite amazed that they were unable to have clean towels available. Aside from these problems, our room was clean and very well placed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Savannah K,

Please accept my apologies for the "bumps along the way" during your stay. Me and my executive team try very hard to make each guest comfortable during their stay. I'm really sorry that you had to wait a bit beyond normal check in time. That rarely happens. I'll get with my team and share your comments with them. Especially about the towels.

I hope that you and your friend are able to visit us again in the future. If so, please call me directly to make your reservation.

Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard and I look forward to your next hotel stay!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is located very close to the airport with many attractions a short distance away. The staff is very friendly and helpful when trying to find the right attraction to see or the right restaurant for the evening.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Richard K,

Thank you for selecting my hotel! We're very proud to have such a beautiful hotel and I'm thankful to have a great staff.

If you're ever back in the area, please don't hesitate to give me a call to personally make your reservation.