“Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Excellent location off I-64 in Newport News, Va. Quiet and clean. Hampton Inn offers a free breakfast with a large variety of fresh foods. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A plus for any vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton in Newport News VA - Kiln Creek. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. It is close to everything you need.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 October 2013

From the young lady who works evenings (?Mary Jo?) who always had a smile and helped set up my email, to the sweet ladies who set up breakfast, I found everyone working at this HI to go above and beyond. My only reason I did not give a 5 rating was the breakfast. I found it to be undesirable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night during a college hockey night...we have stayed here before so we knew that this hotel was awesome the first time..

We arrived at the hotel and noticed a nice touch in the parking lot (dedicated Diamond Elite Parking) signs in different places...

We came to the front desk and were greetly warmly..we were welcomed and asked for our last name...

We asked for a room on the 1st floor and 2 queen beds instead, the gentleman at the front desk was nice enough to switch the room type and keep the rate that we had on the king..

The only negative, was the spa was not available since it was in need of repair work..

The room was the same as we had from the previous stay (Room 115) and everything easily..

We will definately come back again..thanks again...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! If you value customer service like I do, then you MUST stay at this hotel. For approximately 10 yrs I WAS a loyal Holiday Inn Express customer but after dealing with their LACK of customer service, I've decided to come back to the Hampton Inn family. The service I received today was second to none! Thank you again for your AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here during Family Weekend at CNU because we live in upstate NY. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns and we pretty much always have the same experience. The staff is friendly and always offering assistance. The hotel lobby, hallways and rooms are clean. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is always good. After a CNU football game, in the rain, we came back to the hotel and wanted hot chocolate. They offer complimentary coffee and tea all day including hot chocolate but there was none out at the time. The staff asked what we were looking for and quickly got us the hot chocolate with fresh hot water! It was much appreciated after feeling damp and cold! Only disappointment was the pool and hot tub were closed due to repairs. Can't avoid that though...things break down from time to time...we understood and were not upset. The room across from us left a pile of towels outside their room door on the floor in the hallway (rude). Anyway, we called down to the front desk and told them and they quickly came up and got rid of them. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a birthday celebration for my mother and the original hotel I booked for my out of town guests was not as high of caliber as promised. After smokey and dirty rooms, My family needed another location quickly. Hampton Inn was extremely accommodating on very short notice. I was able to switch my guests over to their hotel seamlessly. They have an exceptional staff that truly makes you feel like a king or queen. Immaculate rooms, wonderful views and delicious tastes will make your stay amazing. I will make sure the people I love stay at the Hampton Inn, because they deserve the best. You do too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family