“Great location and great staff!!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inn on Jefferson Ave is a great place to stay !!! The rooms were clean, the staff were extremely pleasant, the food selections for breakfast were great. This hotel is not far from beach, airport, shopping and restaurants. This is a great hotel .

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a last minute reservation, after calling the Hilton 800 number, I was pleased to hear there was a room available. Across the street from Patrick Henry Mall and plenty of restaurants, great location. They seem to be doing some work on the building, which did not bother me. Room was nice and clean, appears to be recently refurnished. Bed was comfortable. Wanted to use the pool but didn't have time. Plus there was a kids sports team staying there, so too much going on around the pool for me. Breakfast was a typical setup at every other Hampton Inn. Free passes to the gym across the parking lot, which was okay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 333 from Sat-Sun. The price was actually good considering location, it was last minute and a weekend. The room was decorated nicely. It had a charge station for electronics, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. It was quiet at that end of the hall by the way. The only thing we heard sometimes was doors closing from nearby rooms. We didn't hear people beside us or above us. Each floor has an ice and soda machine. They served warm cookies in the lobby at night which was a nice touch.

Check - in was a breeze. The staff are polite and very accommodating. When we arrived in our room it was clean and stocked with essentials. There was even a card with the person's name who cleaned the room. I was impressed by the name brand shampoo, conditioner, etc they provided. The bathroom is spacious and clean as well. The bed was so comfortable. I like a softer mattress. Pillows were not so great but I still slept like a rock.

Breakfast was perfect for us. We don't eat a big breakfast. We had waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit and muffins between the 3 of us. The coffee was good and the variety of juice was nice. They had eggs, sausage, cereal, and bagels as well. They probably had more stuff I didn't notice too. It can get crowded in the breakfast area. We went down around 8am and took the stuff up to our room.

The pool area was nice at this Hampton. It is in an awkward location but it's not a huge deal. Other Hamptons we stayed in, it was at the end of the building in its own wing. They only have an outdoor pool also. The only issue I had was the outlet in the bathroom was loose. My daughter had to hold the plug in so I could use my flat iron. Slightly annoying but I informed the lady at the front desk and she was informing maintanance right away. We will for sure continue to stay in Hamptons and in the future when in the Newport News area this hotel will be our place to stay. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the past 4 years, and it's the excellent customer service I receive that keeps me coming back. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and have often worked to accommodate me when booking a reservation on short notice. In addition to the top-notch service, this hotel has recently been remodeled and boasts comfortable, clean rooms and a well-laid out breakfast area. Basically, this is the only hotel I consider staying at when I'm in Newport News.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were down for my daughter's softball tournament. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel (including the bathroom in the room) was clean. There was a gas grill out by the pool, which we used to cookout for our 'team dinner' the last night we were there. The only downfall of this hotel is that the pool is the center of part of the hotel, and it's open until 10pm. So if you stay there in the summer and there are people in the pool, you can forget about getting to sleep before 10pm...it's too loud. And the breakfast was not great. They served the same thing all week, and it tasted like it'd been frozen. Thankfully, there is a Cracker Barrel you can walk to just down the street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay at The staff is great the pool is great and they have a grill on the pool deck Save yourself the expense of eating out We really like this hotel we will go back There is plenty to do its a short drive to the beach a mall across the street

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Over all a good experience. People and Staff were polite and helpful. Had my husbands shirt launder there, collar and cuffs came back clean but could still smell his deodorant on it,so that was not pleasing. Because I have my own cleaning business, I notice things that most people don't, so for my standards the room could of been cleaner but to most the room would of been very satisfactory. Bed was not that comfortable both my husband and i woke up soar,but once again that is just mine and my husbands preference to firmness not a bad thing for Hotel purposes. Breakfast was good , had plenty of choices for the health conscious and those that have a sweeter tooth both would be satisfied. Over all this was a good place to stay , the price though was not, even on a discounted rate through Expedia we paid too much. would stay again if rate was better. more economical.