“Simply amazing staff! A+++ Service!!”

Quality Inn Newport News
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Simply amazing staff! A+++ Service!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A friend was getting married and we all stayed here 2 weeks ago. The hotel was pretty & clean, the staff were amazing. Internet worked great, and they had flat screen TVs in all the rooms - I wasn't expecting any of this because it is an older hotel. But you can not beat the place when it comes to service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you so much for your business, and your wonderful review. We value each and every one of our guests, and we do our best to go above and beyond to provide the best possible service. I am thrilled to see that we have succeeded, yet again!

Congratulations to your friend on getting married, and I hope to see you again in the future!

Vice President of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was at this Inn for four days to study, the Inn was quiet, so clean, the employees were respectful and helpful. There is a hotel nearby which I stayed at in the past, but I would choose this Inn again instead. There isn't a frilly lobby, like the one around the corner, but the coffee was hot the room was wonderful with great pillows and the staff were respectful and..at breakfast, yes...real scrambled eggs (not triangle shaped). It had everything I needed to be comfortable and secure. I would like to say thank you to the staff and management for keeping everything the way it should be...a home away from my home.

Room Tip: Very clean and friendly, near grocery stores and other places for things you might have forgotten. T...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you so much for your business and your wonderful review. We appreciate hearing how our guests stays were, and we are pleased that we have continued our long tradition of guest service and excellence! We go out of our way to ensure each and every guest has the best experience possible.

I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2014

From NC, I called the Quality Inn in Newport News to book a room. My daughter recommended the hotel because they had stayed there numerous times when visiting their son at Christopher Newport University. She said she had never met a nicer staff at any hotel she had stayed at. When I called, I spoke with Regina. She went out of her way to help me secure a room for me and my husband. There was an error with my Triple A discount and she took ALL the time needed to fix it and put our reservation in again, to enable me to get the Triple A discount. She kept apologizing for taking so long instead of acting like I was taking up her time!!! That was quite a change than most hotel staff!!! When we checked in the next week, Regina was there to check us in, had all our paperwork ready to sign and called to check on us when we got to our room to see if we needed anything and to see if we were happy with the room. She was VERY knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly. She was the epitome of 'customer service.' When we checked out the next day, I asked for a supervisor to explain how much we appreciated it. I told her that Regina was very knowledgeable in her job and must have been there a good while to be able to wait on all the people that were checking in, without getting flustered. She was nice to everyone! The manager said that no, she had only been there for a week! I was amazed! The hotel in itself was nice, but dated. Rooms were very clean and the housekeepers were every bit as friendly. What was lacking in 'modern amenities,' i.e., soaking tubs, etc., the staff MORE than make up for in kindness and assistance. We WILL stay there every time we go visit our grandson in college. That will be four years of visits and I figure by that time the Quality Inn staff will be family!!! Thank you so much, Ms. Patel and Regina!!! Being a military family, we have stayed in MANY various hotels but this Quality Inn is definitely in our top 5.
Sincerely, catjag@gmail.com

Room Tip: All rooms were nice. We stayed in a smoking room on 3rd floor (smoking rooms on higher level).
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Cathy,

Thank you so much for your great review of our property! We pride ourselves in offering clean, comfortable guest rooms, with that family touch that you spoke of. I look forward to us all getting to know you over the next 4 years! If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask for Mrs. Patel or myself and we will ensure it is taken care of for you.

Again, thank you for your great review, your business, and hopefully, over time, your friendship as well.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Week long stay when in the area to visit family. Options are rather limited in the immediate vicinity. Nicer full service hotels are across the water in Norfolk but that is a bit of a hike away. So, that's the backdrop for this review.

The plus. Room was clean and comfortable. Climate control works well, both in heating and cooling modes. Front desk staff were friendly an efficient. Lobby area small but welcoming. Coffee available all day.

The minus. Hotel should think twice about its choice of cleaning products. Not everyone likes the smell of floral potpourri. It is such an overwhelming smell from the minute you step in the doors. The hotel should take this into consideration. Neutral or unscented is the industry standard. The breakfast is so so. Basically reheated jimmy dean packaged products, pastries and juice. Good when you are desperate for a quick bite but there are lots of better options just down the road. Walls are super thin and lack insulation. I could clearly hear the conversations in the next room.

All in all, given the other choices in the area (no-tell-mo-tells), the Quality Inn is a good choice. I would probably make the same choice again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your business, and your candid and fair review of our property. We are an older hotel, and we don't have a lot of frills. But we are proud to offer clean, comfortable rooms with an inviting, professional staff, and we do all we can to make each guests stay as good as possible. As you can see from our other reviews we generally have great reviews, and very satisfied guests. I am sorry you were not thrilled with your stay, but I am glad that we at least met your basic expectations, as you stated your room was clean, the staff was friendly, with good, working AC & heating for each room. We will look at other cleaning products and see if we can find something more neutral that is appealing to all guests.

Again, I thank you for your business and your fair review. I hope to see you in the future when you're in the area visiting family!

Venice, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Motel was clean, our room was well furnished, bed was comfortable, shower worked perfectly, temperature control was very good, halls were quiet, staff members were polite, and hot breakfast was provided. We have previously stayed here, and returned because our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Overall good value.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear tilson01fl,

Thank you very much for your business and for taking the time to write this excellent review of our hotel. In 2012 we underwent extensive renovations and we are glad that it is showing :) . We pride ourselves in providing one of the best values in the Hampton Roads area, we consistently provide clean, comfortable rooms, friendly, helpful staff, at reasonable rates. And I am glad you mentioned our hot breakfast! We understand families, and we understand when travelling with children, eating out every meal can add up quick. We are happy to provide a hot breakfast in the mornings to start your day off right, without adding further to the travel expenses!

Again, thank you very much for your great review, and we look forward to having you as our guest when you're in the area for years to come!

jamestown
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was an adaquate hotel when you will be with family at their residence most of your visit.
Rooms were well presented and extremely clean. Front desk personnel were very welcoming and had a gift bag for us. The lobby, breakfast room,etc. were well maintained and clean. Would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay. We are an older property, but we pride ourselves in providing clean, well maintained rooms to all of our guests. We are thrilled to see we have lived up to this, and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the area!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here over the weekend of Oct 18-21 for the Phish concerts at Hampton Coliseum. Price was right the rooms were clean the beds were not great but the place was not disgusting or unfit to stay in at all. My room was fine. As for the person who wrote welcome to jail I was at the hotel all weekend those same dates doing all the same things you were and not ONCE did i see a cop in the parking lot or in the building itself. I was outside with the groups of fans smoking cigs and drinking and never encountered any problem. I did however see some guest smoking pot in the parking lot and that may have been what attracted the police cause last I check it was still illegal in VA. Ran into many police at the shows and they were all super nice. I would stay here again if Phish returns to the Mothership.

Room Tip: room 205 was clean and nice and smoke free
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mktaylor77
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your business and your very fair review. Our hotel is older, but recently renovated, and we do all we can to ensure that all guests are satisfied with their stays. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope to see you during your next visit to the Mother Ship (aka the Hampton Coliseum)!