“Always a great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Great staff. Closest hotel to the base. We went for my husband's AIT graduation and my whole family stayed there. They are the friendliest and most welcoming staff I've ever encountered. Wish he hasn't gotten stationed far away, they were great. Thank you for all the months that I stayed there and the phenomenal service your staff provided!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I recently stayed here on a visit to Virginia. The room was nice and had a little kitchenette with a stove top so I could make my food without going out. The pool was beautiful, it was located on the adjoining property of the Mulberry Inn but it wasn't out of the way to walk to and was the perfect temperature.
The staff was excellent and always responsive to any inquiries or concerns I had. I had a great time visiting my family and I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

After a terrible experience elsewhere, I was glad to have come to the people who not only know but also preach and practice what hospitality means. I had a very soothing smell as soon as I entered the hotel. Did some body tell you that after a tiring journey, a new fresh soothing smell is no less than a romantic music at a time you need it the most:)

Anyway, the Hotel management staff were nice and professional. I with my spouse and toddler were received very warmly and were handed down nice welcome bags with a bottle of water and a couple of small snacks. I thought that small step goes a long way by sending a message of the management staff that they care about their incoming guests.

The rooms were well lit, with a TV, refrigerator and even microwave which I didn't need to use.
Carpet looked fairly new, room layout was pretty good. The only drawback with the hotel room which I heard consistently from other reviewers as well is that the rooms are a little smaller as opposed to the most Holiday Inn Express hotels we might have been to. But I think for a day or two, a couple with a toddler would find it overall manageable, comfortable and acceptable. After all, it's express, not the regular Holiday Inn where you pay a much higher cost.

Additionally, the breakfast was included for free with the stay with no additional cost, which is served through 10.30am. As a late night person and late morning person, I personally prefer breakfast availability through 11am but the kitchen staff was really nice and let me take away stuff when I showed up late.

I love the location specially if you want to be closer to I-64W and Williamsburg or Hampton or even Virginia Beach. I was here with my family essentially to visit both Busch Gardens at Williamsburg, VA. That was exactly within 14 minutes drive from the hotel and I couldn't believe that nice surprise. Google for some reason was showing it a distance of about 25mins but I actually drove down normal speed and normal traffic and was there within 15 mins. For others visiting Virginia Beach, that was not very far either. Just about 25-30 minutes you could be there. I drove up from there when checked into this Hotel.

I would recommend to others and this would certainly be my preference in the area next time for a small budget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel is OK, not great but OK. It is in a seedy neighborhood and nothing around it. Room was clean but had a musty smell. Lobby and breakfast area is small but fine. Workout facility is not on site but next door at the Mulberry, cardio room is awful but weight room is excellent for a hotel. I will probably stay a few minutes south next closer to the main part of Newport News but this place is fine if you're like me and buy a six pack and some taco bell and just hang out in room!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Todd H,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered over the smell of the room and some other aspects of your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband is at AIT at ft. eustis. This is THE closest hotel to the base. Their staff is very friendly and I've made multiple stays so far at this location. I'm going again in 2 weeks and have already booked my next stay. I don't plan on staying at another hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back! Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review.
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Nice comfortable stay. Room was good. Flat screen tv. Bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. I work out several times a week so I was very impressed by the large fitness center that had pro grade benches, free weights, up to 80 lb dumbbells, squat rack, etc. Added this hotel to my favorites.

• Stayed March 2013
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our fitness center! Thank you for your business and for adding our hotel to your favorites! We look forward to seeing you again soon in Newport News!
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed here one night, and the staff was friendly. The room was very nice and comfortable. We experienced no issues with this hotel. We are platinum members and there is a reason we stay at Holiday Inn's. I love the Express locations. The breakfast is warm and fresh. It was an outstanding stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again soon next time you are in the area! Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review.