“Be prepared to work!”

Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 25 July 2005

Priceline found this hotel for me and the location of the Extended Stay America was great! It's on a main strip in Newport News, VA with ample restaurant and shopping within a short distance. However I was not impressed; advantages to this hotel is it's location, relatively new (about 7 years old) and the exceptional staff. We experienced a number of problems and I found out things about the hotel only after I arrived. 1) No room service (unless something changes expect to retrieve your own fresh towels, empty your own trash bins and make your own bed), 2) Pets are allowed (I have no problems with pets but if they are staying in the hotel have the room's carpet cleaned upon their departure. Someone that is allergic to pets would have a real problem sleeping in a room that was not properly cleaned after a pet was there.) 3) ONLY single queen or twin double beds on the premises. 4) Don't expect a large television set to enjoy. 5) Bedding didn't fit. This was SOOO annoying! Every single night, several times, my husband would get up to put the sheet back on his side of the bed. I would have to wake up so that he could make his side. Low and behold, a few hours later, I would have to make my side of the bed and he would have to get up. This drove us nuts! Upon our check-in, staff (Dottie) was friendly and courteous however our room was another story. Each room has a fully equipped kitchen which was a plus for making quick breakfast and last night snacks. Our room was dirty, especially the bathroom. Hairs (of all type) from past guest were in the corners of the bathroom and in the bathtub. The bathroom floor was not clean and stained the back of the bathmat with dirt. I did not notify staff but purchased disinfectants to clean our room myself. We were there for 3 nights and I felt better doing it myself because I knew it would be right. Personally, I will not stay at this brand of hotel again. I was there for relaxation but ended up working harder than as if I was home.

6  Thank LisaM918

#5 of 40 in Newport News
Best Western Plus Newport News Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newport News Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point? Share your experiences!