“Amazing wedding venue: Best night of our lives”
Review of The Boxwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport News
The Boxwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Newport News B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
“Amazing wedding venue: Best night of our lives”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My wife and I were married at the Boxwood Inn on November 11th, 2011, and I can't say how wonderful the experience was. Kathy is absolutely wonderful at making sure that the whole process goes smoothly, and will do absolutely anything in her power to do so. The staff was wonderful, the location is gorgeous, and the history adds to the whole of it all. It's almost been a month, and me and my wife joke about wanting to get married again because it was such a blast! Thank you Kathy, Derrick, Josh, and the whole family. You made our special day one that we will never forget, and think of fondly for the rest of our lives. I will suggest the Boxwood Inn to anyone I know that is getting married! A+++

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The Boxwood Inn is amazing. We had our wedding there June 2011 and it was spectacular. Kathy, Derrick, Josh and Becki are amazing at what they do. They knew how to throw a wedding like the back of their hands and guided us up till the last guest left the grounds. This place is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. It has that old Southern Charm, as well as the hospitality. Also, the food is to die for. I constantly find myself craving the things I have had there for lunch as well as the food from my wedding. I really cannot say enough about how accommodating and generous this venue is. My husband and I cannot wait to visit on anniversaries!

Room Tip: Splurge for the General Pershing Suite!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rachelrobot
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2010

The Boxwood Inn hosted my son and daughter-in-law's wedding, and it was fantastic. This place has so much character, and the owners, Nancy and Derek were so accomadating. Unlike most places we toured, they were so flexible and willing to work with our family to stay within our budget. Also, Nancy was so knowledable, and her many years of catering and event expertise really showed. It was almost like having a wedding planner without the additional cost. The food was also awesome. The bridal party also spent the night, and the rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Tannerj74
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2010

The Boxwood is centrally located in the historic triangle of Yorktown/Jamestown/Williamsburg. It is very clean with a lot of historic character.

The innkeepers are very friendly and are welcoming hosts. Their breakfasts are filling and alive with flavor. They have a no-children policy, which was very attractive and added to the peace and quiet!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moabhikers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East
King's Creek Plantation Resort
#15 of 74 in Williamsburg
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,663 reviews
Best Western Plus Newport News Inn & Suites

Been to The Boxwood Inn? Share your experiences!