“Drinks and appetizers at the bar”
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 506 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I have had lunch several times at Fin and wanted to try the bar for appetizers and drinks. The atmosphere is nice in the bar. There are not too many grown-up places to go in Newport News, so we had been wanting to check this out as a possible "date night" place. There are not too many beers on tap to choose from, but the ones they have are decent. The bartender was very accommodating and let us sample the beers to help decide. The firecracker shrimp is really good- better than Bonefish's bang bang shrimp. The rare tuna app was pretty good, though not as good as Bonefish's. The lump crab dip is very good. Overall, good night out.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Tired of cooking so we went there for lunch. Had the 3 course lunch's for $15. Had the seafood tacos with Caesar salads, and the shepherds pie and she crab soup, and a seafood burrito. All were great. Soup was rich with a nice amount of crab, could have been a little hotter. Seafood tacos were great, nice size piece of salmon, with a perfect salsa verde. Seafood burrito was huge with crab, fish and lobster. Shepherds pie was good, but I was not impressed. Was a bowl with meat, seafood, peas, carrots and broth with mashed potatoes piped around it. Had a good taste, but was not what I was expecting. Tiramisu and chocolate cake were rich and tasty. Service was spot on without being overbearing. Still one of our favorite lunch places.

1  Thank btaes1
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Fin is a GREAT restaurant. The menu is impressive and intricate with 5 and 7 course tasting menus, they offer vast and wonderful wine list, and some really nice wines by the glass as well!
Our server, Kirsty was great. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, friendly, attentive, professional, and was more than happy to answer any and all of our questions. She also made
some great recommendations .
I started out with the grilled romaine caesar salad which was absolutely delicious.
I ordered the Scallops for my entree. Best scallops I've ever had.
My friend had the firecracker shrimp and the crab cakes which were amazing as well. I was also very happy with the portion sizes. You definitely get your moneys worth here.

All in all, my experience at Fin was excellent and memorable. Food and service are top notch and I will be sure to tell all of my friends and return soon!

1  Thank Mitch T
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The tasting menu is the best value. The waiters are much more knowledgeable and offer better analysis of the menu than most places.I found it by doing a little online research, and was unsure as the reviews were mixed. But if you are looking for fine dining, this is the place for you. Yes, it is not cheap. If you want cheap, there's a Burger King down the road. But the value for the money is fine.

1  Thank taxing
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere is nice but the fish tuna and salmon had no flavor at all. Salad and soup were good. Our waitress was dry but there were others wo seemed more friendly. Don't mind spending money on a good meal but it won't be here again.

Been to Fin Seafood? Share your experiences!