“Best place for seafood.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 453 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
Newport News, Virginia
“Best place for seafood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a fantastic date night, girls get together, or relaxing after work place for drinks.

My husband and I have gone for a nice romantic dinner and have never been disappointed. Dining in the bar can delay getting your food, but still worth the wait.

I have also attended Tapas Tuesdays with some girlfriends and always feel like we are taken care of.

The food is great and always presented in a beautiful way.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

California
“Fin is Everything You Want From a Restaurant and More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I go out to eat very often. We've had Fin on our list of places to dine for quite some time and last night we decided to finally give it a try. To say that we were pleased would be an understatement. We were quite impressed by their top notch service from beginning to end. All of the staff were friendly, attentive, and informative. We especially enjoyed our waiter Tommy, who made our experience a great one. We had a bottle of organic Pinot Grigio, which was the perfect compliment to our seafood dinners. We began with the firecracker shrimp, which was delicious and the portion size perfect. For dinner my husband selected the fish of the day, a Mahi-mahi, which was cooked to perfection. I had the scallops, which I am very picky about, and I have to say that they were also cooked perfectly. Everything was fresh, and the tastes were evenly-balanced. We had the donuts for dessert with some after-dinner drinks and they were a delicious ending to a phenomenal meal. From start to finish, Fin gave us a pleasurable dining experience, one that we cannot wait to have again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MakingMemories317
Amherst, Virginia
“Perfect seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Took our daughter there for her B-day. Had the frog leg appetizer, 4 lightly battered and fried legs with sauteed baby carrots and mac and cheese. WOW. I love fried frog legs and these were great, even wife and daughter liked them. We had the scallops, tautog , and salmon. Anyone who reads my reviews knows I believe seafood should be prepared naked, and does not need help. All were just perfect, cooked till done, but not overcooked. Accompanying vegetables/sides were also perfect. Service was exquisite. Yes, it is pricey, but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank btaes1
Yorktown, Virginia
“First of hopefully many visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Guided by reviews in Hampton Roads Magazine, after a doctors visit in City Center, we visited Fin for lunch. It was a beautiful day so we decided to eat in the sidewalk dining area. Service was fast and efficient and the meals were super, seared scallops and seafood burrito. The Caesar salad dressing was the best we've eaten and the flourless chocolate cake was over the top.--Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clemans P
New Braunfels, Texas
“Lunch specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I ordered the lunch special menu. What a delightful, delicious treat! The portions were perfect for lunch. Flavors were excellent. Would definitely visit again if in the area!

• Visited April 2013