“Outstanding seafood”
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding seafood”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This local place is one of the best seafood spots on the east coast. Chef does a great job from soup, entrées, desserts, etc. Homemade soups, ice cream, specialties, etc. are always perfect. Presentations are very appealing. Menu selections are varied and prepared to perfection. This is not a typical fried food - out the door quick establishment. Eat healthy, take your time and enjoy!

1 Thank Larry R

Woodbridge, Virginia
“OMG, YUMMMMY!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We ate here Sunday after the steak house across the courtyard only had a buffet to offer. I AM so glad this happened. We were a party of 5, who all love to 'share' good bites! The 3 course lunch menu had a very large selection and an extremely inexpensive price tag. We started with the firecracker shrimp, which was SO outstanding, we ordered more! Lightly breaded, perfectly seasoned, and so fresh! LOVED it! We also had the she crab soup, which was FULL of crab meat, rich delicious, ooh la la! there were also 2 types of salad (as I said, we tasted from all the meals) which standing alone would make a great lunch. The tuna melt was fabulous, the crab and flounder delectable, perfectly cooked, and the mahi was outstanding. My friend ordered the 'crabs benedict' which was a huge portion and quite delicious! We had 2 different deserts, chocolate cake with amazing homemade ice cream and the BEST bread pudding. I'm drooling as I write this... I only wish I could've ordered another meal, as the seafood burrito sounds wonderful! Our waitress, Sarah, was a real sweetheart. We spent over 2 hours at lunch, and never once felt hurried. I was surprised to read a comment about this place being 'pricey'. The 3 course lunches are only $15 and $25. With the quality of food, that is absurd. I will absolutely return!!

Smithfield, Virginia
“Superb service and food”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Took my wife to Fin Seafood for her birthday. The food and service were superb. The music was a little loud but when I asked the server to turn it down, she did it immediately. Nice to be able to buy a split of wine--all you need as a couple.

Waldorf, Maryland
“A Disappointing Celebration”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This restaurant is overrated and overpriced. I read that they have new management which could be the reason the menu has been reduced. The options are very limited unless you drink wine. The food is not seasoned well and the portions are very small. The crab dip appetizer was too creamy and salty with very little crab meat. The waitress took the dip back and had the manager remove it from my bill. The scallops entrée had 3 large scallops with no seasoning and they left a burnt after taste from the pan seared juices. The fish with crab meat on top had no taste. The best part of our meals was the rice with vegetables. Overall, the service and atmosphere were average. This was an anniversary celebration that we plan to forget and never relive.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Unforgetable Experience”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My other half and I had dinner here the day before the 4th of July. We chose the 5 course pairing and had no idea what were about to experiece. There aren't words to express how memoriable this food was and in addition the service staff and atmosphere were just incredible.Chef Kenny even came out at the end of our meal. My guy and I consider ourselves foodies and we have never had such delectable combinations. We cannot wait until our next opportunity to dine in this gem of a restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tab1bburg

Been to Fin Seafood? Share your experiences!