“Very good for Lunch”
Review of Fin Seafood

Fin Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 456 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fin features the finest local ingredients while utilizing organic and sustainable produce and proteins whenever possible. Chef Kenny Sloane has perfected the use of these seasonal ingredients to complement his refined yet robust menu.
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Very good for Lunch”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lunch last Friday, late about 2:30 PM. Restaurant had very good wait staff [Conner] and a full staff in the kitchen. Got the 3 course lunch for $15. and with the lettuce wedge, fish tacos [ 2] and the push pop for desert it was not only a bargain but very good food. Will travel down to Newport News to visit again

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bear H

Lakeland, Georgia
“Back to FIN”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have enjoyed FIN a couple of times but went on Friday hoping that Katie was working the bar based on her previous outstanding service and knowledge. I had a friend in from out of town who loves a good Martini and is somewhat particular about how they are made. As usual Katie was exceptional; drinks were great and she is extremely professional, polite and pleasant. We also had some great firecracker shrimp --- an overall excellent experience!

• Visited May 2014
Williamsville
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our party of four had a wonderful dinner here a few nights ago. Service was impeccable, and all of the food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Starters included oysters on the half shell, sweet corn soup with jumbo lump crab meat, and an asparagus soup with lobster meat that was a special of the day. Entrées included seared scallops, flounder and butter poached crab, macadamia nut crusted salmon, and two soft-shell crabs that were a special of the day. All came with interesting and delicious accompaniments. Nice wine list, and the server made great recommendations and allowed us to taste before committing to buying a whole glass. There were also two different desserts ordered - crème brulee and a decadent flourless chocolate cake with other chocolate delicacies on the plate - a chocolate lover's dream. A great fine dining experience! Oh, and for those who don't like seafood, don't stay away from this place. They have plenty of non-seafood options, and the duck entrée that we saw passing our table en route to its destination looked wonderful. There was a fairly good sized crowd at the bar when we arrived, but not to worry. The large bar room is completely closed off from the dining room, so there was no noise from the bar to interfere with our dinner, and the acoustics in this place were simply perfect (as was everything else).

• Visited May 2014
Smithfield, VA
“Seafood for Easter Dinner”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The wine queen and I joined an aunt and two other family members for a mid day dinner at Fin. We arrived on time, and our table was waiting for us. The hostess was most helpful as we had a wheelchair to deal with.

The place was smaller than I expected. The menu was bigger than I expected. The prices were in line with what I expected, perhaps even a bit less for some of the lunch fare combo's. I expected a problem finding parking, but no problem. And there is more around the corner just a short walk away. The neighborhood seems serene. There is a large park across the street. This place would be excellent for special occasions or business meals. I'd probably be less inclined to show up solo.

We started with libations, and the choices were reasonably priced, and we approved of the selection. Several of us had a salad or a cup of she-crab bisque. It was excellent.

My main course was salmon. It was the second course of a $15 lunch menu. They also had a $25 selection, but I failed to see $10 worth of difference in the two. My salmon was cooked perfectly. Most importantly, not overcooked. Everyone enjoyed their entre'. My cousin had the breakfast burrito. It was huge, and he said that it was very tasty. That may have been aided by his request for them to add some sausage in the recipe, which they did gladly apparently. I have no idea what they charged for the add-on.

My lunch came with a choice of one of four desserts. I chose the no-flour chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream Don't expect a lot of dessert after the first two courses. But it was quite tasty.

Our waiter was not always there when we wanted him. But in all fairness, we were a bit slow when we first arrived, and told him we needed to take our time ... so he probably figured we'd not mind too much ...and truthfully, we did not mind but so much. All in all, several of the staff seemed to pitch in to help him a couple of times.

We'd dine there again in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2014
Hampton, Virginia
“Just not the same”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The quality of food has lost its luster. This used to be a great little place to eat, but in recent times, the food is just blah. To be quiet honest, I would pass on this one as much as I like seafood and go to VB.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank nubianredz

Been to Fin Seafood? Share your experiences!