“Impressed............”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Have eaten at various Bonefishes throughout the Mid Atlantic over the last 10 years. Use to be so annoying when the sever would take 10 mins going over the menu, telling you what they liked etc..etc..., always felt rude but would say have been here many times save the chat. The other issue I have is the menu never changes, they do have a few specials but even those repeat at times.

We recently ate dinner here, arrived early ...430 or so. Had one of the best experiences I have had in BF in years. Believe it is a reasonably new app but we shared Imperisal Dip..was excellent. Most crab or seafood dips are melted cream cheese. This was not, very creamy..well seasoned...piping hot served in cast iron small saute pan. My wife got the bacon scallop app which is not new but always good. The size of the scallops did seem to have gotten smaller. Still 4 just smaller scallops. I got the ' saucy shrimp ' which I don't really recall seeing before so not sure if newish or not. Was very good...I am not a huge feta cheese person but easy to push some of that to the side if you choose. Very large portion, lot of medium size shrimp.

Not sure of the times but they do run happy hr specials I believe 4-6. I had several glasses of their house chardonnay...wouldn't get a case of it but for $ 5 a glass was very good and after first one who really notices that much. My wife a special Collins that she loved. Was made with fresh blackberries.

We had a waiter named Elliot that was truly excellent. Timed food and drinks perfectly, allowed us a bit of time after our first course to let things settle before next...etc. Have found 90% of waitstaff at various Bonefishes to be good to very good..this guy was EXCELLENT. Professional, not over bearing etc.

I woud not compare BF to Fin but last time we were at Fin we paid $ 320 for 4 before tip. This excellent dinner at BF for 2 before tip was $ 65. Yes Fin is better but you don't always want to drop those kind of bucks.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I dined at Bonefish Grill on Saturday evening. We found the atmosphere, service, and especially food to be superior. Our waiter, Greg, was prompt, helpful and very friendly without being intrusive. For our wine we had an Oregon Pino and California Cab. They were quite good and complimented our food well. We started with the Bam Bam Shrimp. It was delicious and fun to eat. We each at the special Mahi for our entrée and split a Cesar salad. The fish was prepared perfectly and the sauce was unique and tasty. We split a brownie sundae for desert. During our meal, Marc, a manager visited our table to ensure that all was well. Overall it was a great dining experience and we both gave it our highest recommendation.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been to this Bonefish Grill a number of times, which means that I've given it multiple chances, but the last visit was just that, the last. Our silverware was dirty, there was dried food on my husband's "clean plate" and the ice in our glasses were dirty. Not a good start. We ordered wine, which they had to chill, and that chilling was not complete until we were more than half way through our meal. We had to ask multiple times to find out why. Though we appreciated the free glass of house wine that the manager gave us to enjoy while we ate, it really set the tone for the evening. Our bang bang shrimp was delicious, and always is, but both of our entrees, including the vegetables, were lacking in taste. Our other experiences, while a bit better in cleanliness, were pretty much the same in taste, so we're calling it quits on Bonefish. To be fair, it's a chain, and it lives up to the chain food expectation. The problem is that it's pricier than most chains without the quality to substantiate it.

1  Thank MakingMemories317
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visited here on a business trip, and the food was just okay. The fish wasn't very fresh, despite being on the coast, and the food was overall kind of bland. Not bad, just bland. I honestly had better fish - for half the price - at other restaurants during this trip. I would skip this one if you're on vacation.

1  Thank kingshimmers
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stopped at the Newport News Bonefish Grill after seeing the Saturday afternoon performance of Memphis at CNU. Since Bonefish opens at 4:00 p.m., it is a great place to eat in late afternoon. I had grilled haddock with feta and artichoke hearts with garlic whipped potatoes and grilled vegetables. My wife had pan seared and baked tilapia imperial topped with shrimp scallops and crab meat. We both really enjoyed our meals. This is a very popular spot so be sure to come early or make reservations to save a long wait.