“slow service-food so-so at best”
Review of Little Italy - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I dont like to give a poor review. I have put off reviewing this place because of that. My hubby and I have eaten here since they openend...probably about 25-30 times. I would say about 3/4 of the time the service is terrible, and the food is so-so. Why do we keep going? It is close to work and with only an hour-if we need to eat and run its ideal. Plus we are trying to stay away from the "fast food" places.
In our defense when we first started eating here there was a waitress that made the so-so food bearable because she was excellent. She ended up having a baby-and havent seen her since. That was the beginning of the decline. I personally think the wait staff makes or breaks a restaurant--even if the food isnt great!!
Our waitress is almost always the same. Having lunch out is a daily event for us so we are well aware of a great waitress/server vs a bad one. This one is bad. You have to ask for everything..napkins, refills, silverware...the check. its almost as if after you sit and she takes your order she forgets we exist.
the iced tea is ALWAYS nasty. ALWAYS. I have never had a decent glass of tea here.
We usually get the two slice deal. i learned early on to just get cheese. i love mushrooms...and they just put them on top..literally. a few shreds of cheese to hold them on perhaps? the tomato sauce is strait out of a can. seasoning is little to none.
Just overall not a great meal. We have decided after many attempts to avoid this Little Italy.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

This little restaurant is almost hidden in a small strip of shops just south of Fort Eustis Blvd. on Jefferson Ave. My wife and I were referred here by some of the contractors I work with and we were not disappointed. The place is relatively new, very clean, and the service is attentive. We were even offered a half order of garlic knots since it was our first visit. The pizza we ordered was fantastic. This place has three different styles of pizza. We will definately be back here on a regular basis.