“My New Favorite Smokehouse”

Smoke BBQ Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 471 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every time my family and I have visited Smoke we have left impressed. The food is very good. I've tried just about every kind of meat that they have on the menu and I would recommend them all. The Mac & Cheese is a must. It's some of the best I've ever had (not good if you are on a diet though!!). The best part is the service though. We have always had great waitresses who are really on their game. If you haven't give this place a shot yet, do it.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I went here for lunch and had a great experience. The steak & ribs were good, and they had a variety of items for children which weren't as expensive. Overall, I was very happy with the server and the restaurant as a whole.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very good food. Wonderful wait staff. The Smokemaster is my favorite. Try their chips and their collards are out of the

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were shopping in Hilton Village, and came based on a recommendation. We were the first customers in when they opened, but still waited a while for our food. I got the Burning Mouth burger, and she got the Smoked Turkey sandwich. Oddly, her sandwich was spicier than my burger. Both were good, but neither "wowed" us. For sides, we both had the macaroni and cheese, my wife had the BBQ beans and I had sprouts with bacon. The m&c tasted like it came out of a box. My wife did like her beans though, and the sprouts with bacon was an interesting twist. The service was good, but it was chilly in the restaurant. If we were in the area, really hungry, and in a hurry; we might come back. Otherwise, we'd much rather go to County Grill.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had lunch yesterday at Smoke. Promptly seated. Good number of people there for Saturday lunch. Great service. Server answered all of our questions. Kept the drink refills coming and was right there when we needed her. This was our second visit to Smoke. Started out with Frickles (fried dill pickles-$7) with dipping sauce. They were delicious and the best thing we had. For my entree, I had twice smoked brisket sandwich (fresh roll, lots of meat). I was surprised it was in chunks, rather than slices. Good sauce on the sandwich. Each entree comes with two sides. I selected onion rings and fries. Onion rings were good. Fries were average. Hubby had a smoked turkey sandwich (said it was too spicy for him with the Chipotle mayo). For sides he had grilled veggies (zucchini, squash, onions) and a broccoli, tomato, onion, mayo dressing. Felt the sides were average at best. Total cost of lunch (less tip) was $30. If BBQ is your preference, Smoke delivers large portions at a reasonable cost. You might also want to try County Grill, another local BBQ establishment.