“Not Just Sushi”

Cuisines: Asian
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Not Just Sushi”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Other reviewers speak highly of the sushi. I'm writing this review to say you should try Saisaki even if you don't like sushi. We have been several times and everyone has enjoyed the regular entrees. This time we had wonton soup which was better than typical restaurants, with lightly cooked fresh spinach leaves. The menu has a range of Asian choices from Japanese, Thai and Chinese. So, each can pick their preferred type. The restaurant itself is stylish but casual.

1 Thank Grognard72

Cologne, VA
“Great place”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch before going to the movies. Service was quick and complete. The food was very good and hot. We will return again when we are in the area.

Newport News, Virginia
“Great Lunch Specials!!! ”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I drive past this old Frudruckers building all of the time. We decided to eat here because another restaurant we chose was closed. I'm glad we ended up at Saisaki! I'm upset that I didn't try this place earlier. It's beautiful inside, they have really renovated the building. I was in the mood for hot food, so I didn't try the sushi. But they have a charming and contemporary sushi bar with multiple chefs awaiting to fix your sushi. I ordered the chicken with Thai Basil Sauce and brown rice. The lunch special allows you to pick between three soups or a salad. I chose the wonton soup, first time trying wonton soup and I enjoyed it. My meal was so good. The veggies in my dish (zucchini, edamame, red peppers, etc) all tasted fresh. The chicken and Thai basil sauce were good too. My coworker had the Thai mango sauce and she really enjoyed her food. The service was great, there wasn't a lot of people in there during lunch time. I would like to see how they are with a full house. I will definitely be going back again. I can't wait to go for dinner and drinks on date night! Looks like this Asian gem will be perfect.

Topeka, Kansas
“If Sushi is what you want Sushi is what you get!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was very hungry when I went. Wasn't sure if Sushi was going to be something that would do the trick but I needed something in that area. So I gave it a try. On the Menu was the AYCE Sushi, for dinner is $24.95. I was hesitant at this price, but I do love my sushi. With this you get to pick one of the specialty rolls for no extra charge then you can have as many of the regular rolls. I can't begin to tell you all the different rolls I had, but I can say everyone of them where very good.
The service was excellent as my drink s remained replenished.
The atmosphere is open and very modern looking. If you are looking for privacy, you won't find it here. The environment is very open with tables and half booths.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys sushi. I must also mention that they had other dishes as well, but I of course only had the sushi and probably three to many rolls. But it was fun anyhow.

• Visited November 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Good food, but extremely slow service”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We happened to see the restaurant and decided to give this one a try. There were a number of cars in the lot so we figured must be ok. The décor is rather simple, large open design which makes the place rather noisy. No quite booths or closed off sections. Defiantly not someplace we would go for a quite intimate dinner. The menu is large, sushi selection is huge. We order the vegetable hot and sour soup and it was excellent, one of the best we have had anywhere. Ordered the tempura shrimp and vegetable appetizer, the tempura was very dense and the soy sauce was extremely salty; not sure I would order this again. My wife had the steak and onion and it was good. I ordered the spicy shredded beef; it was very tasty but it was not spicy and it was a little too sweet. I would order this one again but ask them to make it spicier.
We did not try the desserts because we were too full. Our server was very friendly but they are slow, there were time we had a long wait for them to bring us our food or to clear away items.

• Visited October 2013