“Unique food options”

Ranked #38 of 501 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: For 40 years, TASTE has been the locals' favorite for lunch all day, featuring sandwiches with our famous house dressing. Pre-order boxed lunches or catering platters for your group events. We offer gourmet provisions, wine, craft beers, and Virginia peanuts. Taste the good life!
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This place is fun to check out. They have food that you wouldn't expect to find. The sandwhiches are great.

We have also found some local wine and beers.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Picked out three sandwiches and soups along with one drink, very good but a little pricey (45.00) I feel as though I could have taken the girls to a restaurant and had a full lunch meal for what I paid here. The price will not stop me from trying them again though!

Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

I'm in love with TASTE Newport News! Been going here for over 3/4 yrs and by far they have the best sandwiches!!! I love love love their vegetarian sandwiches!!!! And my favorite soup, which I haven't seen in a long time, but would love to be on their personal mailing list so I know when it's in is the mushroom soup!!! I always buy like 4 qts and take a lil bit of heaven home with me! Now their sandwiches are on the pricer side compared to some(basic) places... But you're completely getting your money worth!! I live over 40 mins away and gladly drive here for an awesome lunch! Please don't go anywhere taste, I'm relying on you!!! :)

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Price was super reasonable and the food was fantastic! This place is also like a mini grocery, so you can take plenty to go!

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Great sandwiches and it is hard to pick a favorite because every one that I've tried has been outstanding. I just wish that they stayed open later and had a location closer to where I work.