“Good cheese steak and good service”
Review of Rick's Cheese Steak Shop - CLOSED

Rick's Cheese Steak Shop
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch
Description: 757-968-5595
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The trip advisor reviews brought me to this place and I was glad I stopped in
The steak sub was superb and the homemade chips were nice
Only complain was that it took too long

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This cheesesteak was amazing!!!! The best cheesesteak I have tasted outside of Philly. I am originally from Philly, thus I know a thing or two about how a real Philly cheesesteak is supposed to taste. My husband and I got a 12" cheesesteak and we split it and it was MORE than enough. We did not order fries just so that we could enjoy the cheesesteak for what it was and it was great. Definitely a great place to stop by for lunch!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service was excellent, and the portions were great. I had the grilled pastrami, and my husband had the bacon cheesesteak. The potato chips are hand-cut, which is unusual in a day and age where most eateries simply hand you a bag. I wouldn't mind at all coming back the next time we're in town!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The portions are huge. The food is great. The staff is very nice. I came here because it was ranked #1 as we were driving by and it was well deserved.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been to the best cheese steak place in Philly and I felt like I was back there again at Rick's. Huge sandwich - I couldn't even finish so definitely go hungry. You won't be disappointed. There are at least two locations I know of along Jefferson. I went to the one between Denbigh and Ft Eustis. Not a large restaurant but plenty of room and the decor was neat to look at while waiting.