“Fluffy towels, a real bathmat and soft pillows - a dream!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room was roomy, beds nice, pillows soft and the towels were amazingly fluffy. (Clean but without reeking of bleach and stiffness.) Loved the real bathmat that didn't slide all over the tile. Water pressure great. If I had to find a complaint, it would only be that there wasn't a freezer in our in-room fridge and that the entrance was a bit confusing - we nearly got back on I-64! Lots of nice restaurants nearby. (And shopping - but my husband wouldn't take me, teehee!)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our bathroom amenities and pillows! Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon in Newport News!

Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a conference I attended at the Marriott oyster point. It was about give mins away. The hotel is right off rt 64. Very close stores and restaurants. I booked on Priceline secret hotel and it was $40 a night.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon in Newport News!

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I checked into the hotel without issues, but after the first night I found multiple small bugs on the bed that luckily I had not been sleeping in (there were two beds in my room). After finding these bugs, I took some pictures of them and searched them on google to find out what they were. They were bed bugs. I counted seven different bed bugs throughout the mattress and coming out from behind the headboard. When I contacted the front desk to let them know they quickly moved me to another room. Typically when I have been inconvenienced by a hotel and they move your room they offer to help you move your luggage, but that is not why I am complaining. The next morning I am awoken by a phone call at 8am from the general manager of the hotel, telling me the rooms are newly re done and this shouldnt have happened and there was an exterminator coming that same day to take care of the problem. The reason I am writing is because instead of offering to make this right, the gm only called and woke me up to tell me it shouldnt have happened as the rooms are new. Now i am stuck having to wash all of my clothes while on the road, which is not cheap or convenient. Thanks a lot Newport News Holiday Inn, i hope i can clean all of my stuff well enough that I dont bring any of your nasty bugs home with me.

11  Thank Campman612
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Newport News. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. As we mentioned when you stayed with us, there were no signs of bed bugs in your room. We had exterminators come out to the hotel while you were still on property and they confirmed that there were no bed bugs in your room or our hotel. The pictures that you have uploaded with your review are not of our hotel. We do not have that bedding in our rooms. I have contacted Trip Advisor in hopes that this review be removed as it is false. We are sorry again that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I've had a very pleasant stay here. Upon arrival, we were greeted promptly and were allowed to check in early, as soon as they had rooms available. The manager was very cordial to us. I would stay here again, the rooms are clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn & Suites Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon next time you are in the area! Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just a fantastic value. Great staff. Clean, upgraded property. Had to switch around my dates and they were very easy to work with. Restaurant on site. But went to Waffle House across the street. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn & Suites Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again in Newport News soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We spent one night there when we couldn't get to Virginia Beach because all the tunnels and bridges were closed. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful in helping us - we were lost, tired and angry at VaDOT. The room was very nice and clean. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn & Suites Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel team was able to help you when the tunnels and bridges were closed. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again in Newport News soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Clean, well appointed, beautifully redone, great helpful staff, soft bed, ....this place is a gem in Newport News.
The room was gorgeous and so clean...smelled terrific. Refrigerator, coffee maker in room- or you can walk down to the lobby to get coffee day and night. Towels are soft and luxurious....bathroom is large and clean....what a joy after a long day in the car. Shower was great- massaging head included.
Oh- and Shawntia- what a sweetheart! She recognized my platinum card holder account and moved us into a suite... She was so helpful in suggesting places to eat and we finally decided on a chinese restaurant she told us had great food....She was right! Delicious!
With our tummies full, we crawled into bed and had a great night sleep. Very nice breakfast area with yogurts, fresh fruit, omelets made to order, breakfast meats, milk- of and the coffee in the lobby.....all made a terrific night into a terrific day.
We will be back again and again when we return to the area for work.....and this is our new favorite hotel in Newport News, Virginia Beach area....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PADancergrrl
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for Holiday Inn & Suites Newport News. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast! Thank you for your business and for staying with us when you are visiting the Newport News/ Virginia Beach area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon in Newport News.