All reviewspancake machineclyde morris blvdroom was cleanquality innindoor poolgreat rateoff the highwayfree breakfastking suitethe staff was friendly and helpfulvirginia beachbreakfast areacomfortable stayfitness centerhixlobbywilliamsburg
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I would've never thought about staying here because the place across the street had gone downhill so bad. However, a friend referred me here and set it up. I was pleasantly shocked. It was clean, neat and it smelled very nice. I was truly shocked. The only thing they need to redo is the parking. Handicap parking is a tad bit far.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
David J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Lisa A,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. We will be addressing the parking lot situation in the early part of 2018. Please come back and see us when your travels return you to Newport News

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed at this HIX during the Hampton University Homecoming weekend this 2017. We arrived and our room was ready no hassle. Very easy process. To our surprise the place exceeded our expectations. It was clean, comfortable, cozy friendly service and from the entrances I the halls to the rooms smelled wonderful!! No smelly hallways or rooms. The beds were comfortable and the buffet breakfast was very good. Highly recommend it for a weekend visit!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
David J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Betty M,

Thank you for you valuable feedback. We are so happy that we met your expectations. Please come back and see us when you're in Newport News

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I stayed here last month but NEVER AGAIN, unless I want to score drugs (which was happening beside the elevator). Numerous men hanging around the front and in old cars and trucks when we drove up was a telling sign of things to come. Minor issues--Requested a king suite but regular double bed room was all that was available.Sheet rock wasn’t finished in the bath with maybe mold, and we’re not talking about a recent fix(see photo). BUT when we left for dinner, drug dealing was happening right in front of us, then the hooded dealer sit outside the entrance and was still dealing when we returned. $116 was non refundable or we would never have stay. I'm platinum elite but this hotel could change my mind as to brands. We informed the staff but a slug was the reply.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel unless you need drugs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
David J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear jimknothd,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. This is disturbing news to hear I would like to speak to you to discuss your experience with us in further details. I will be looking forward to your call. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is an excellent property to select if you need a good location, value and price.

The location is off I-64 and can get you to Virginia Beach or Williamsburg very easily. There are many great restaurants in the area too. The location is not far from cinemas, shops ands of course Wal-Mart.

The value is good too in that the rooms are nice. The property recently remodeled and features great amenities like an indoor pool, fitness center and even MAC computers in the lobby !!!! Breakfast is more than continental with egg choices, pancakes and bacon or sausage. Coffee is everywhere and many creamer choices to personalize the beverage.

All of this is in a good comfortable price. The Assistant General Manager David Jones has a great staff like Demetria and Food and Beverage Assistants and Housekeeping to take care of you during your stay. I would absolutely stay here again and if you are on the fence just give it a try !!!

Room Tip: All Rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear jaybrianz,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience in our home. Your comments have been noted and passed to all departments. Thank you again and come back to see us when your travels return you to Newport News

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were in Newport News for a conference and we're members of the Holiday Inn Express Rewards Program so naturally we stayed here. It's on J. Clyde Morris Blvd which is US 17, the main drag through Newport News and easy connections to other cities and attractions nearby. Although it's right off I-64, our room was quiet and we didn't hear any traffic noise at all. Breakfast was standard fare for HIE, in a clean, comfortable breakfast area with several wall-mounted TVs. Front desk staff was very friendly and happy to direct us to local restaurant (Harpoon Larry's) which was outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
David J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Karen L.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please come back and see us when your travels return you to Newport News