“The same food since I was a child.”
Review of Warwick Restaurant

Warwick Restaurant
Ranked #193 of 456 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“The same food since I was a child.”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I'll be 22 this coming year, and I visited Warwick Restaurant just a few months ago for the first time in several years. My mother would take me here, at 6am when I was a kid before school just to have their pancakes and breakfast potatoes. I didn't care how early it was, or that I lived on the Peninsula and took a school bus to a school in Virginia Beach for an hour, or that it was a strict private school that my mom knew I didn't enjoy. I was the happiest kid in the world once a week when she took me to this restaurant for pancakes.

I was about 7 or 8 the last time I ate here. And I was very pleased this fall to go back, and eat pretty much the exact same breakfast I ate when I was a kid. The pancakes are still the same, the fried potatoes too. The eggs, I can't say if they were the same, I hated eggs as a kid lol. But they were cooked to perfection. I hope this restaurant maintains it's spot in a heavy campus overridden area. It's such a memorable place in our community. And the food has never changed after all these years.

• Visited October 2012

Hampton, Virginia, USA
“great value and good food!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Warwick Restaurant off Warwick Blvd in Newport News is a long-time local restaurant with many loyal customers. It has maintained this loyalty because over the decades it has consistently offered good food at reasonable prices. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is the type of place where waitresses even know the names of their customers.
It is a quiet restaurant, tastefully decorated, and has a small meeting room for banquets/clubs, etc.
For breakfast I had two eggs, two pancakes (so large I had to take one home), and fried potatoes with coffee. My bill with tax was about $12.00.
The restaurant is in the area of Warwick Boulevard near Christopher Newport University and right across the street from the Ferguson Center (huge theatre/arts complex). Those of you who attend the many concerts/events at the Ferguson should seriously think about coming across the street to the Warwick Restaurant for late lunch/early dinner. You won't regret it.

• Visited November 2012