“Surprise, it's Greek!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Murrieta, California
“Surprise, it's Greek!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Visited the restaurant twice - both times was pleased with the meals presentations and taste although each visit was distinctly different than the other - one visit met with the owners and the meals were especially on point and the second time the meals were good yet were missing the zest of fresh Greek food. Perhaps I am very particular and critical, since I am Greek - yet, I would be willing to give them another try. They lack in the area of children meals, as in they do not offer any - yet the daily specials are priced higher than expected and the meals over all are very good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eleni W

Lake Mary, Florida
“Empty at noon for a reason”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Saturday for lunch and there were no other customers. That should have been a sign. The gyro was store bought frozen meat. The fries were generic frozen. The server spent most of the time we were there telling us how wonderful her son is. On the upside, the chicken souvlaki was great. The one redeeming part to a very disappointing meal.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank akadad
“Underwelmed”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

An establishment that claims to be authentic and has frozen store bought gyros meat doesn't rate very well automatically. The Chicken Slovakia was seasoned well but the addition of french fries to the sandwich made it odd (not unflavaroable just odd). I have not tried the dinner menu but being underwelmed with there lunch menu is giving me second thoughts of returning.

• Visited August 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Real Greek food, great prices”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Everyone knows Greek owned restaurants have a great reputation for good food at good prices. But most of these specialize more in Italian food and steaks. Yannas is a real Greek restaurant with more than just moussaka and spanakopita. The lunch menu has a great combinations of appetizers and entrées just right for a lighter meal. The dinner menu is a bit more serious.

The best thing I can say about this place is that they use my favorite olive oil on everything. Lakonica Olive Oil from a family run orchard in Greece is absolutely the best! I can't wait to go back and try some different choices from this interesting menu. It is a small place, I'd recommend reservations for dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Gloucester, Virginia
“We will return”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Co-worker and I decided to give Yannas a try yesterday and are we both happy we did. The food is great...loved the TRIPLE Appetizer. You get to pick 3 dips from skordalia, taramosalata,
tzatziki, hummus, or tyrokafteri, served with warm pita...$9 ...it was great...we got the tzaziki, hummus and one other I can't remember the name of but it was great...the restaurant is small but really nice and has an outdoor seating area as well. Our wait person was wonderful and made recommendations which were so good. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013