“Great Value with terrific amenities”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Woodstock, Georgia
“Great Value with terrific amenities”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The thing that won me over was the fitness room. Great selection of machines, good TV's, and terrific free weights. The hotel was spotless and and my son loved the adjustable firmness bed. Huge flatscreen tv's a good desk area just topped it off. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Millville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend thought it'd be nice to get away for the weekdays. We started our trip from New Jersey to Virginia around 5 PM. I had called to say that we would have a late arrival. When we had gotten there, tired and ready to sleep, the front desk agent said that we were in a 2 queen room...umm? I had specifically requested a 1 king room. I said is there anything you could do...she said no, we are sold out. I am a front desk agent at a Hampton Inns and Suites, theres always something you could do. Just rude service... I made me reservation 3 weeks ago! I eventually settled for the two beds (one of which we didnt use at all). Check in was very UN-Informative about the hotel. We had settled in and I grabbed my laptop. I COULDNT LOG ON! I don't know if my name wasn't in there yet but there was a ton of confusion and I was getting frustrated. I was too tired to deal with anymore. The next evening when my boyfriend and I had gotten back from our activities I tried again. Still no access! I went downstairs to the front desk girl...the same one who had given me the 2 queen room, no luck at all. I was just plain dissapointed. In the room that I had, the bathroom was more than tiny! I also had a leaky sink with a stain on the floor from it, and none of the housekeepers noticed after 4 days! Breakfast was a little pricey, 8.95 not including the taxes. We ended up going to an Ihop a little down the road. Other than that all of the aboved mentioned, the view was nice a little run off pond with turtles and an otter. Also there is a Regal Cinema next door, we saw a couple new movies. Also enjoyed live music in the dining area the Tuesday night we stayed with dinner, very good food. Very close to Water Country USA. Traffic was a little bit of an issue, always seems to be a delay with accident. When i received my bill, it showed that i was a NO SHOW the first night, I WAS THERE. I guess they didnt put me down for a late check in, thats why I didnt get my original room. I won't be going through this hassle again. Series of unfortunate events.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Autumn Z
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2012

nice hilton great room near the airport. we love it. good area near bush gardens.

Room Tip: pay for breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank letsgetfoodnow
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in May as we were in town for a wedding I was in. The place was excellent. I could not say enough about all who worked at the front desk, you all are amazing and friendly! Everyone we walked by said hi with a smile on their face even the guy vacuuming the hallways. This place is super clean and when we were there, they were also working on renervations in the bathrooms. This place looks new and well kept. I love how spacious the rooms are and the breakfast is good because they have made to order omlettes and all the fresh fruit, muffins, oatmeal, etc. It has all the breakfast items you can think of and well worth what you pay for it to eat healthy then eating somewhere else. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and if I'm in the area and need to get a hotel this will be the first place I call!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Cck02
Bayside, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Everything was wonderful!!! Hotel was very clean which is a HUGE ++++++! My biggest worry is bed bugs/critters and there was none of that here!!! The staff was super accommodating and friendly! My husband and I ate breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant and it was great quality foods!!! My only "complaint" was that the first time that housekeeping made up the room was on Sunday and we checked in on Friday. Despite that, getting clean towels and toiletries was not a problem at all! Overall excellent experience, glad I booked here and I would definitely rebook here!!! :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Clean and well-appointed. Hilton Honors members can trade points for a full breakfast to include made-to-order omelettes. Not many good restaurants nearby. I recommend the Vineyard Trattoria in Kiln Creek.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I spend 100 days on the road running meetings. Generally, I prefer Hilton Garden Inn's for their service and consistency. However, the Newport News Hilton Garden exceeded my expectations. It started with the meeting planning. I worked with their General Manager, Ted Hemmert, and he was very easy to work with. I made the meeting arrangements 9 or 10 months in advance. About a week before the meeting, I noticed that I had put down the wrong date for one day of the meeting. It could have been a big problem, but it wasn't. Ted moved some stuff around and solved my problem.

When I checked in, Ted was there waiting for me (I must have mentioned that I was checking in around 5:00 p.m.). He promptly showed me the meeting room. I let him know a couple of extra things that I needed and he personnaly fixed them.

We had meals and breaks in the restaurant and other lobby areas. It was very nice to always have someone there to greet us and direct us to our buffet lunches and where we were supposed to site.

There were a lot of other little things that they also excelled at. The key was an excellent General Manager, who was clearly in control of everything.

Room Tip: Introduce yourself to Ted.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business