“Spring Break 2014”

Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in great shape. The rooms and the facilities were all very clean. Housekeeping was very thorough. What made our trip was the gentleman at the front desk. I have traveled all over and am loyal to this hotel chain and he was hands down the most helpful, professional, friendly staff member I have ever encountered. I don't have enough good things to say.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is an extremely nice hotel for the price. We were more than satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. We will be using Hilton Garden Inn in the future. Great place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at this HGI for a weekend trip to Tidewater. Newport News is a pretty central spot for trips to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Norfolk, and VA Beach. The lobby is lovely, and there was usually free coffee available (though it wasn't always hot). Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, which is very convenient. Staff was uniformly friendly, helpful, and professional. Nice pool and hot tub area. Good fluffy towels. Neutrogena bath products. Typical uncomfortable hotel pillows. TV remote is a little difficult to operate. Our room was a little noisy every time the people above us used the bathroom. I think the one thing that would keep me from staying here again is the breakfast -- it's $10 for a buffet that isn't really any better than most free hotel breakfasts. There's a super-friendly guy cooking eggs to order and a very sweet Asian woman waiting tables. But we could never eat $10 worth of this kind of food -- for that much money I'd go to a good breakfast place. We did take advantage of the free coffee. Rooms have Keurig coffee makers, though the K-cups they provide are not great. We bought a box of K-cups and made our own coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magpie63
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was huge. Very clean and the staff were extremely nice. Greeted as I came in the door.Hotel overall very clean. The pool and hot tub were a welcome surprise. This hotel is closed to shops and many food locations. It's easy to pick everyone's favorite meal. It is also close to the highway so easy on and easy off. I highly recommend this hotel. Whenever I'm in the neighborhood, Ill stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

You can't go wrong with Hilton. The things that matter in place and great quality. I felt the sincere care for customer details across all items. to mention a few as I arrived at airport I noticed how swiftly and kindly the shuttle got me to hotel. Clean and fresh bath towels not worn out. All amenities were of top quality. Desk clerks were swift to resolve any adjustments. Pastor Donnie W Bryant USAF Retired

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank donnieb501
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The dining setup was a little weird, but other than that this is a good value hotel with nice amenities and a convenient location. Apparently this review needs to be longer so I am arbitrarily typing useless information.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the best service and professionalism I have seen to date. I travel 6 months out of the year on business and have not been as satisfied as I was on this stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel, even if it cost more than somewhere near by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business