Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA
US$181
US$174
Courtyard
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoung ladyindoor poolstayed for one nightfree breakfast isclyde morris blvdfront desk staffa wonderful staymorning breakfastyogurtbusch gardensyorktown
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Checking was a breeze. The staff is very friendly. Location is in a nice area. The room was very clean. Would stay here again. Our only issue was that this place is advertised as smoke free but the room we stayed in smelled of cigarette smoke.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry H
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Terry,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do all we can to provide the best experience for each and every guest, and I am glad to see we have succeeded in this tradition yet again. I am sorry to hear your room smelled like smoke, I will see if I can pull up your room number based off your first name and last initial, and I will ensure the room you were in gets a deep cleaning to remove the smoke smell.

I hope to see you again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They serve free breakfast each morning, there is free Wi-Fi, and a free copy of USA Today Newspaper. The staff is friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear BrenOb,

Thank you much for your review and your business. We do all we can to provide the best possible service to each and every guest, and I am glad to see that yet again, we have lived up to that tradition! I hope to see you again the next time you're in the Hampton Roads area!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was looking for a room in the Newport area but most well known chains were full. This was my first time at a Country Inn and Suites. I enjoyed my brief stay and would stay there again. Room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Cubinican101,

Thank you so much for your business and your excellent review of our property. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your first stay at a Country Inn & Suites, and hope that you decide to stay with us, and the brand for years to come!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything in my room was worn and in need of repair. The lamp didn't work, the comforter had stains that were faded from trying to clean, stains on the carpet, and ceiling, bathtub spout was broken. I spent one night and it was not worth the savings. For breakfast they didn't even have any fruit. Very disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

I am sorry about the issues you experienced during your visit with us. I assure you this is not the norm for our hotel, as you can see from our other reviews. We are planning on some renovations and changes this fall, including new comforters, new carpeting in the rooms, etc. I invite you to call me at the hotel to discuss your specific concerns in more detail so we can ensure these issues are all rectified.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You could hear everything through the halls and the connecting doors in the room. The breakfast not at all that great. Very noisy! I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again. We were on a stop over on our way to the outer banks.

Room Tip: They were all the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
StephenBarger, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I am sorry that you were not thrilled with your stay with us. I am glad that it met your basic expectations, but wish we were able to do more than the basics.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to give me a call at the hotel directly.