“Great Place for the price”

Best Western Plus Newport News Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here fior 3 nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. So nice and so much to do we extended our stay. Great people, great service, clean big rooms. Will stay here anytime we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank sdcallerco
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Newport News Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We've stayed here before. A very clean and pleasantly staffed hotel. Get to breakfast early to avoid the rush! Food was fine and plentiful but we had to sit in the lobby. Outdoor pool opens later in the spring; no indoor pool. Beds and pillows we're comfy. Only problem was the location of the exercise room...right over our second floor room! Not supposed to be accessed at night but at 1 am, someone was crashing around with the weights. We had no idea what on earth was going on, being awakened from a sound sleep. We called the front desk and they were on it immediately. When we checkded out, the desk clerk figured it out based on the location of our room. We will stay here again but will definitely ask to be far, far away from the weight room!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADKphotobug
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was so impressed with the lovely room and the fantastic service. I hope you too will give this hotel a chance to impress you too.

The Best Western Plus didn't look fancy as I pulled it. It was just a small hotel off a side street across from a busy mall and shopping strip. I received friendly service immediately as Melissa greeted me from behind the desk while I looked around the gently stated lobby. My room, right next to the desk, was just about perfect. The lovely sink outside the new bath area is always a nice touch. A living space with a couch and chair welcomed me in. Across the room I saw a well made king bed with clean white sheets, 5-6 pillows, a green decorative sash and towel swans that reminded me of a cruise ship. Just bring on the pineapple! The towels were better than most hotels and there were plenty. A small refrigerator and microwave added comfort. I loved the room, and it was way more than I expected. I brought dinner back and ate in bed while using the free wireless. : )

The next morning I checked out with another friendly staff member, Jacoby (Sorry about spelling). He seemed to love working there. The complimentary breakfast bar provided choice of cereals, bagels/breads, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, and juices. Coffee and tea were available 24-7.

I practically skipped out of the hotel. And then my car battery was dead. I went back, and Jacoby offered to help me jump the car or find me a ride to my conference that started in 20 minutes. The manager arrived and gave me a ride to my conference.

Gym: TV, Treadmill, elliptical, a cross-training weight machine for arms, and 2 leg machines. Nothing fancy but perfect for me.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sheri W
Reviewed 1 March 2013

For the AAA rate of less than $75 this is hotel is a great find. Excellent location, clean, quality room, and continental breakfast provided. King bed extremely comfortable.Continental breakfast was sausage, eggs, and waffles.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WFo7525934
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I found out about this little gem from a friend. I loved the room so much when I visited her that I decided to book it for my trip. The room was clean, the service was excellent and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Toi69
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I recently stayed at the Newport News BW for 34 days while I was opening a restaraunt known as Tucanos, and it was a great experience. From the more then accomadating staff, to fully functioning amentities, I had a great time here. Coming from the the midwest all the way out to the east coast, i couldn't have asked for a more friendly and welcoming place :{)

Room Tip: the third floor is smoking, and the first floor has all plasma screens
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 26 December 2012

For the AAA rate of less than $75 this is hotel is a great find. Excellent location, clean, quality room, and continental breakfast provided. King bed extremely comfortable. Unfortunately my room was across from elevator, and ice machine, so a bit noisy in the early evening hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from ice machine and elevator, for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo