“Unbelievable Value”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Whitmire, South Carolina
“Unbelievable Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't stay in hotels very often, but I've stayed in most tiers of places -- everything from pricey New York to seedy roadside motels. And for the price I paid ($57/night) I expect a seedy roadside motel. My girlfriend and I wanted to take a weekend trip to the area to go to Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach, so I'd been looking around the area for a couple weeks. I was almost ready to accept the fact that my money wouldn't get that great of an experience until I decided to take the plunge and book here. The reviews looked fine and the price was SO right. I was impressed from the beginning to the end. The photos don't do these rooms justice - for this price, these suites are NICE (we stayed in one of their King Suites), and I've never understood reviewers on here who seem to dedicate their entire stay to snooping around the hotel to find any hint of rust, mildew, stains, or other minutia. If you're not crawling around on your hands and knees, this place is clean, modern, and nice.

We had no problems during our two-night stay and the breakfast was normal hotel continental breakfast fare. Though we didn't have much of a chance to use it, the fitness room was a lot better than other similar sized hotels I've seen. Nice Nautilus essential equipment (treadmill, two leg machines, pulley machine, elliptical, and recumbent bike).

Overall, incredible price for this place, and turned out to be just what I wanted. I can think of no negatives. If you're planning a trip in the area, stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Stephens City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Beautiful hotel in Newport News. So nice to have a seating area in the room. Hotel was in beautiful condition. Got a great rate for that night. Check in and check out was easy. Breakfast was good, just a need to be a little bit warmer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Southbury, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Room next to a very bright light that shined into the room. Did not sleep well at all! The room was on first floor and adjacent to the parking lot that was very well lit. Next time i'll request 2nd floor room with no view.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Franklin, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed one night only while researching the area for an upcoming move. Beautifully appointed suite, very large, very clean. Check in was pleasant the clerk's name was "Jerry". Grounds and parking were adequate. Locale was acceptable but there were no recognizable restaurants within walking distance. Room 102 was toward the front of the hotel just steps away from the front desk, breakfast room and business center. Quite a bit of ambient light coming in the window through the night despite the black out curtains and some noise from the mechanical equipment located just outside the window for this room. Bed was comfortable. Good selection for breakfast. Check out was easy and fast. Would stay again definitely but might try a room located more toward the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking rooms (no good for us) rooms on the west side get light from the bank parking...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dudley G
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stay here Monday March the 10th. The gentleman working night audit that night was very pleasant and nice. I don't remember his name but he was very accommodating. The hotel was clean and comfortable. When we walked in, we were greeted but a swan made of towels on the bed haha. Very quiet. Great value for the small price we paid! I will be staying here again in the future. Only thing I have to comment on, was the complimentary coffee was fresh and hot. (Which is great!) But, it was extremely hot and burned my mouth! I had to spit it out. Otherwise great hotel very close to the heart of Newport News.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia B
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel looked like it was almost new - everything clean and attractive. Our room was spacious ,attractive. very clean. Very comfortable bed. But the most amazing thing to me, was how quiet it was! We didn't hear a sound from indoors or outdoors. I wondered if maybe we were in a monastery! The next morning I asked at the front desk if we were the only customers registered there the night before. They said they were almost full capacity. My husband said the walls appeared to be thick. The continental breakfast was very good - maybe we aren't fussy, but we thought it was good. Wish all hotels were like this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kay4425
Yorktown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My title should say it all. If y0u are in the area and want a get-away or if traveling want a great hotel complete with full breakfsat. You've found it. My wife and I were completely satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple