Comfort Suites Newport News Airport
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewssmokey bonesfront desknewport news airportroom was cleanawesome hotelthe breakfast areasofa bedwalking distancejefferson avenext morningpleasant stayparking lothot itemshot breakfastbusch gardensconvenient locationvisiting family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights at the beginning of August. It is located convenient if you want to spend some time in Virginia Beach and Visit Williamsburg as well. It takes about 30 minutes to get to both places. There are few restaurant within walking distance as well as shipping.
Hotel itself is nice and clean. Breakfast is basic but good enough to start the day. Area is also safe. I would definitely recommend it.
Rooms with two queen size beds do not have sofabed as indicated.

Room Tip: Booked through www.priceline.com - better rate than hotel directly
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We selected this comfort suites based on TA reports ( as usual) for a weekend trip to WBurg/ BG; Location was very good; took us no longer than 20 mins. to historical WBurg or Busch Gardens. Hotel is surrounded by chain shopping stores & restaurants w/n walking distance. The room is not as large or comfy as the newer C Sutes, It looks & feels just like a standard hotel room reconfigued to mimic a studio suite. Breakfast is the standard fair. Hotel has a small gym & pool; Free internet connection worked very well. Housekeeping left garbage from the previous guest in our room, however, the staff responded quickly to remove it ; room cleanliness was ok otherwise. The carpets in the hallway are stained; but I have seen this in 4 star hotels also, so it would not prevent me from selecting this hotel again. I was, however, very disappointed that a hotel in such a high volume tourist area only has 2 luggage carts. We had to wait for a very long time to to transport our luggage to our car at checkout time. Other than that it is an ok -place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Luvtravel
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Thanks for your feedback and for your business! We hope that you will consider us again should your travel plans bring you back to Newport News/Busch Gardens. We are very sorry that you had an extended wait time for the luggage cart. We will consider your suggestion to increase the number of carts on property. Lori Leib ~ Director of Sales

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here on Saturday night on our way to Outer Banks. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to 64. It turned out to be just the perfect place. First, the room was spacious & clean. There is an indoor pool, but it was scorching hot & humid outside so the pool area, though quite nice, was just too hot for comfort.
The location is perfect.with numerous restaurants, in fact you can walk across the parking lot to an Olive Garden. Also, across the street is all kinds of shopping - TJMAXX, Macy's, etc. The breakfast was excellent & plentiful.

The front desk staff was courteous, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Clean, good price, great staff, did I mention clean? Lot of military and government people staying here...safe and quiet. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank MrJoeWhite
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the value received. We look forward to seeing you again very soon :-) Lori Leib - Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport and shuttle pick up was prompt. Across the street from a nice strip mall with adequate shopping including Trader Joe's, a favorite little grocery store of mine. Walkable. Red Lobster and Olive Garden practically in the same parking lot. The hotel may have been sold out when I was there as it was really busy. The breakfast area isn't nearly big enough for all the rooms this hotel has. Hard to find a seat and very crowded. There were a lot of kids congregating in the halls and they were loud. Since I was working, lights were out at 10:00 and it got so loud in the rooms next to me and in the hallway that I had to call the front desk to register a complaint. I was told I wasn't the only one and they assured me they would contact the chaperones. When it still didn't quiet down I went into the hall and found a chaperone and told him I had to get up at 4:00. The noise ended. The price was fair, the location good, so I probably shouldn't complain. But, it just wasn't a great experience for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments. You are correct. The hotel was sold out this past weekend with a combination of sports teams and family reunion groups. We make every attempt to keep leisure groups located together so there is no disturbance to other guests. Unfortunately, this was not possible in your case. With this said, we are very sorry that your experience at our property did not meet your expectation. We hope that you will consider us again in the future and if I can personally be of service to you, please feel free to contact me at 757-947-1332.