“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Iowa
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. Food was basic hotel breakfast. Rooms were comfortable and spacious. Front desk help was very nice. Lots to do in the area-great beaches nearby. Hotel is located directly across the street from Olive Garden, Red Lobster & Smokey Bones. Very convenient!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Convenient location, very close to the airport, with two chain restaurants nearby (Red Lobster and Olive Garden) and a huge mall across the (busy, six lane) street. The room was comfortable and quiet, service was good, and it is the only near the airport hotel with free shuttle service 24/7. If their shuttle isn't running, they summon and pay for a cab, which was the case for me as I had a 5:30AM flight. Unfortunately, the included breakfast (or even coffee) was not available that early so I can't speak to the quality of that amenity. The lobby is small, but nice enough and the desk staff were all very pleasant. There is supposed to be a selection of frozen entrees you can purchase for preparation in the room microwave, but there were problems with the freezer during my stay and that wasn't available. Didn't feel like going out, so I made do with a ramen soup cup and crackers that were available in the mini-store.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KohalaGal
lorileib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your business and your compliments.We are very happy that you found our hotel to be comfortable, quiet, convenient and friendly. We strive to be all of these and have met our goal when guests like yourself have a good experience. Please come back soon! Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Detroit Metro, MI
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now, a five night stay each time. The towels, sheets, bedding, everything seemed clean The sheets weren't the best quality. I like the quantity and choice of pillows (firm and soft). Though, I did notice a stain on one of the pillows, under the pillow case. :( Some of the hallway carpets were really dirty or stained....that made me wonder about the condition and cleanliness of the carpets in the rooms. The two double bed room, not a suite, was very crowded. But had a love seat sized pull-out bed in addition to the two doubles. The desk and chair spacing was very tight. I stubbed my toe on the chair once and bumped my hip on the desk and almost banged my shin against the coffee table. And it was only myself in the room. The chair seemed broken. Everyday, during one of my stays, my key did not work. I had to return to the lobby to request the key be reprogrammed. I think the breakfast bar was pretty good. DIY waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, a variety of breads and a toaster, coffee and tea, juices, sometimes hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit (apples, oranges, sometimes bananas). On one of my stays, the room seemed really damp. It was uncomfortable. The air conditioning system did not work adequately for my tastes. Some of my clothes smelled a little moldy when I got home. I used the airport shuttle service once, which was very convenient. The free wifi was adequate, no complaints there. The computer and printer in the business office were handy. The shower's water pressure and availability of hot water was perfect. The granite countertop and shower surround was a nice touch. Though there seemed to be water damage around the edges of the shower surrounds. I think all rooms have an iron and ironing board, mini fridge, coffee maker, microwave, alarm clock, tv, closet, luggage stand. I think the north side entry's card key access was inoperable, no big deal to me. There seemed to be plenty of parking. There were two restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster) within immediate walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank geoniff
Thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time to give us your candid feedback. We are happy that you were able to enjoy many of the items that we offer to include the pillows, shower, wifi and location. However, we are very sorry that you experienced issues with your room key and your AC. We will certainly look into these problems so that the next guest does not encounter the same. Please feel free to contact me if your travels should bring you back to Newport News. We value your business. Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Smyrna GA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The Comfort Suites, Newport News Airport had clean rooms, good beds, a pleasant staff, was quiet, and had a nice Continental breakfast.

Their location is close to the airport and several restaurants and shopping.

I've had three business trips to Newport News in the last month and each time the stay was pleasant. I'll stay there again on my next trip to Newport News.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Billbor
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! Our hotel takes great pride in the work that our staff produces each and every day! We're glad that you noticed our pleasant employees, our clean rooms and our comfortable beds. We hope that your business brings you back to our property in the near future. Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Hampton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

From the moment we entered through the door we were greeted with great hospitality. Desk staff made sure to be as helpful as possible while all the while maintaining a smile. I had a slight problem with the heat in my room and they promptly switched me to a new room without problem. She even personally came up to check out the new room before transferring me. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Casey D
Thanks for staying with us!! We are thrilled that you experienced great hospitality as well as a quick resolution to your room issue. Please come again .. We value your business! Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Southcentral Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with the cleanliness of everything: our room, lobby, large breakfast dining area! We were greeted with friendly staff and warm cookies! We can't say enough, except we will return!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank HarleyRiderClassic
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your stay! The biggest compliment that you can give is that you will return in the future based on your positive experience... We hope to see you soon !
Lori Leib -Director of Sales
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Rooms were as expected, what was exceptional was the desk staff that not only allowed me to handle business matters at their desk when the business center was out of service...I forgot one item and called to ask if they would check for it, they not only had it but checked to see if there were other items..which I had overlooked.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for your feedback! Our entire staff works hard to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. We are very happy that you had such an experience. Come again soon!
Lori Leib-Director of Sales