“Ok room and hotel”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Clinton, New Jersey
“Ok room and hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on the second floor. Room had two full size beds, which were big enough for two adults and two kids. Room had some minor cosmetic issues, marks on the walls, loose faucet, average A/C. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The room and bathroom were spacious. The continental free breakfast was average. They offered toast, cereal, waffles, coffee, OJ and a variety of other breakfast items. We stayed at this hotel to attend Busch Gardens and because the hotel was less expensive then the hotels in Williamsburg. The hotel is about 20 min from the park. The hotel served our needs.

Stayed August 2014
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for choosing us during your last Newport News visit. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk with anything that is preventing you from having an excellent stay while here. We will do our best to enhance your stay. I would love for you to contact me so we may know what room you were in.

In addition to the waffles and cereals I do hope that you had the chance to take advantage our meat and egg selection, which is offered every morning.

It is true that we are priced affordably and are in close proximity to Busch Gardens and Water Country. Staying with us was pretty savvy shopping on your part!

If you would like to contact me, please do not hesitate: 757-947-1331

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My first night here and watching TV when four guests come walking into my room with a room key. The front desk checked them into my room when I was already occupying it. This is totally unacceptable, poor management and a total invasion of my privacy and security. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels before and this is a very first. I hope that the Property Manager contacts me when he or she reads this. Im in room 426. I informed the front desk mgr the next morning of the incident and there was no apology or real concern for what happened. I was not offered anything for my safety and security being put in danger. According to the Choicehotels.com website reviews, this is not the first time this has happened. Sad thing is all other area hotels are booked.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I apologize for the negative experience that you had on your first night. It was not an intentional act, but a mistake that we have actually used in training sessions to prevent from occurring again. From what I understand, with the exception of this initial incident, the rest of your stay was fine, as you were here for a while.

When things like this occur you should contact upper management immediately. I promise that you will get a quicker response than taking to social media while still in the hotel. We cannot check all of these websites on a daily basis, and would hate for a guest to feel ignored.

From my understanding, you have been contacted by one of my managers, and you all are working on a resolution. If you are not satisfied please contact me.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent place to stay. We love everything about it. Very clean. First class all the way. Clean big soft beds. Clean bathroom
Carpet was clean. Room came with coffeemaker fridge. And microwave. Flatscreen tv.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Reading this is providing an excellent end to my day. Guests have the best eyes in the business, so to know that you were completely satisfied is very encouraging. I will make sure that the rest of the staff is aware of your words.
Manteo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very comfortable and the staff was wonderful. Spacious room with jacuzzi in the corner of the room. Nice indoor pool and exercise facility. DVD player is a nice touch. Located by the airport and very close to great shopping and restaurants! Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our AAU Basketball team stayed at this hotel for 4 days for the AAU national championships. The hotel and all the staff were very friendly the front desk, house keeping, and the women who helped out with breakfast. I was really impressed with the level of customer service at this hotel.
I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

Room Tip: We were able to get a very good group rate traveling with our basketball team.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. When travelling from place to place with a large group we understand how important a good rate and great customer service can be to a guest. Hope you all were number one!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a night over the 4th of July weekend and it was simply lovely. Clean, great sized king room, friendly staff, free wifi and hot tasty breakfast! I have absolutely no complaints.

Personally,I always forget a shower cap when we travel and sometimes other essentials but they had a notice in the BR that offered free basic toiletries if they were forgotten. #awesomeness :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Knowing how busy that weekend can be, I'm glad you were able to get a room and enjoy yourself. We work hard to ensure that all of our guests have the best possible stay, no matter how busy we are. Thank you for choosing us!
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and I arrived at the hotel after 11 hours of driving...everyone was so welcoming and always carried a smile on there faces...I stayed five days and was treated well...Dana stood out a little more then others...he jokes, laughs and smiles while being very we'll mannered...at the end of our stay my 7 year old daughter felt so comfortable she said bye Dana we'll be back soon..

I enjoyed the time spent there and had no problems...we will stay again soon

• Stayed June 2014
Dana is definitely one of our best employees. I will make sure he knows how he impacted your stay. Though he stood out, I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the staff as well. Please come see us again whenever in town.