“Don't ever stay at the hotel.”

InTown Suites Newport News City Center
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I had reservations at this so called hotel but the front desk clerk name johnathan gave our room to someone on the internet and then turned around and lied to my wife on the phone about getting a room across the street at another hotel which turned out not to be true so we we're outside with nowhere to go and tired so we stay at the Hampton transit center until 2:00am when our bus to Richmond came. We will never stay at another savannah suites as long as I live on this earth also my wife talked to the general manager when got back and she did nothing about our situation but say i'm sorry so unprofessional people.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BIGDAD250

Reviewed 17 May 2013

staff was friendly, rooms were clean, fine for price. boasted kitchenette but no cooking pots or pans...get the impression stuff gets stolen. No coffee provided in room or hotel! No hangers in closet. No frills but clean and cheap. Probably won't stay there again but can't complain too much vetting what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Woman at the front desk obviously hated her job and decided she was done workin ten minutes before they stopped taking customers even though I already had a reservation...The most frustrating moment is her telling me they stop taking people at 11 and its 1050 now and i already closed my drawer...I hope NO ONE ever stays here.

Room Tip: Dont go here..jus as good spending your money on the days inn around the corner
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Why can't I give a negative colored green circle. This place is worse than terrible. This is a Welfare Hotel - pure and simple. I'm sure welfare hotels are needed, but I don't want to go to one. Drove 8 hours with my 17 year old daughter to visit CNUniversity. It was late, we were tired and reviews did not seem too bad. There were people in robes outside the front door and in the tiny "loby". Woman behind the desk was very pleasant. They only had one non smoking room. Daughter voluteered. There were people in robes in the halls outside the rooms. Daughter spent 5 min in her room. She stunk of smoke. We went out to restaurant. She was crying and neither of us felt safe there. We went back and got our bags and checked into a very nice Hampton Inn just up the road. I cannot express how awful the experience was.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 18 December 2012

There is a distinct funky smell to the room I stayed in, and the hotel in general. Room lighting is awful. The room itself was clean, but had a lot of wear and tear. Felt more like a dormitory than a hotel, with many longer term residents there, as it is an extended stay hotel. Taneesha at the front desk from helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank islandgirl59j
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Upon entering the hotel, we were hit by a bad smell. Maybe mold, maybe bug spray. One staff person interrupted our check-in process to ask the front desk clerk if she could borrow her car to get her kids who were with the police. Very unprofessional, I thought. Our room looked clean, but the beds were very lumpy and extremely uncomfortable. As we settled in for the night, all we could hear were people screaming up and down the halls as well as loud thumps from the people above us. The windows open, and a little girl was hanging out of the window in the room on top of ours. We even heard people screaming, "I need the vacuum" which made us think that these weren't rude guests, this was the housekeeping staff. So we packed up our things, left the hotel and stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street for only a few dollars more. We took the last room at Hampton Inn, so it was full, but we never heard a single sound all night long, enjoyed an amazing hot breakfast, and enjoyed a heavenly bed. Sorry Savannah Suites...never again. You have a lot to learn about hospitability.

Room Tip: Go find a Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

this hotel advertises fast internet, but the reality is it is only fast during late night. the rest of the day is hit or miss. sometimes it takes more than 3 minutes to load one page. you can't watch movies or do any real work. called the technical support 3 times in 1 week. one time the internet was not even working at all.

they should not advertise what they do not have.

also there is no stove, even though again advertised as full kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo