InTown Suites Newport News City Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Key West Inn(Newport News)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Newport News(Newport News)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This has to be one of the worst hotels in the world. false add . They say cooking wear pots and pans and all that was the reason that we stayed at this hotel when we checked in and went to are room there was no pots and pans in the room so went down to the front desk and they said that they will go and find some they do not garntee pots and pans in the room but on the website it says they do and i had allready went to the store and got stuff to cook with but i could not cook that night because i had nothing to cook with and the swat team was there that night busting into a room and lots of famileys live at this place. the only thing that i did like was the bed and thats all. oh and the police department was there that day as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My husband and I arrived here after 1 4 1/2 hour drive. The desk clerk was pleasant and the room appeared clean. She told us if we needed anything just let her know. The room appeared clean but the latch on the door was broken from an apparent recent break in.When we arrived back from dinner after dark we found out why the doors stayed locked. You have to actually "walk thru" the drug dealers loitering and trying to sell drugs to get in the front door and be greeted by people in their pajamas riding the elevator all night,which by the way did not have an insection / load capacity certificate in it. We had put up with strangers following you down the hall. The 2nd day we slept in late and took our towels down to be exchanged and the desk clerk was rude,said she didn't have enough so gave us the bare minimum not even 2 washcloths. Said they were out of trash bags and didnt have extra pillows.The people loitering outside now are congregating in the fitness room and the "locked" front doors are wide open allowing anyone access. When we went out and came back in there was no place to park in the close parking lots by the front door because of people "sitting in their cars talking to people leaning on their cars.We will never stay here again and advise anyone going alone or not wanting to be intimitaed to stay away. Please check it out before staying and keep your cellphones with you at all times.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2009

I walked in with a coupon and found a clean, quiet, no-frills extended stay hotel with good service. There were families living there, which made me feel quite safe. And it is in an excellent area of town, close to shopping and businesses, and right across the street from the best restaurant in town! The bed was hard, but I slept well. I would stay there again. There is no pool and no night clerk, but it is good basic housing, and very clean and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CautiousLady
Reviewed 25 March 2009

First the faults.

Arriving way past midnight on the night our reservation was to begin I was met with a locked door. The front desk closes at a certain time...even on a Friday night. There was an "emergency number" to call which went to voice mail on first call. 2nd call was the winner when I alerted the night watchmen that I wanted in. After contact was made I was in my room ten minutes later.

After that is was pretty basic.

My room had two beds, tv with cable and Showtime and a half kitchen. Which half? A full size clean fridge, microwave and a some dishes; spotless? no.

Parking lot was well lit and across the street is a full size groccery story...a Food Lion I believe.

The gym is not a gym. It is a room the size of a hotel single with a tread mill, one weight machine, a tv and maybe a exercise bike.

3 floors, one elevator with average speed.

Bring your own 'Do not disturb' sign' since that is not included. But housekeeping did stay away once we asked.

When the front desk was open they were polite and very good with giving directions to those lost on the highway. We weren't rushed for check out and for the hotel being almost sold out there it was mostly a quiet scene at the S. Suites.

Water pressure was fine and there was hot water-a-plenty in the shower. There was even a little table with two chairs.

Drive time from Hampton Coliseum? 12mins.

Very basic hotel, not hospital clean but never any gross out moments just dust on certain things. Heating & cooling was one of those standard near the window unit which was fine and the windows actually open

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Absolutely the worst hotel stay I have ever had! Upon reading the reviews I can only be happy that at least our room appeared to be clean though we did not actually enter our room until well after midnight and never turned the lights on. But we did get ripped on our $102 charge for the room! What was noticable right off the bat without even touching it was that the bed was the most worn thing ever! It was bowed like a banana. When you laid on it you could feel all the holes and popped springs! In fact my 112 pound self sank completely to the box spring when I sat down. Not to mention the pillows were a joke! They were the thinnest things I have ever seen! Then when I went to use the bathroom the toilet was backed up! Unbelievable! I went to use the phone to call the front desk - it was just a plain phone! No "dial 1 for front desk", etc. When I dialed "0" I got an actual phone operator. So I got up, its almost 2 am mind you and went down to the front desk to complain and there was a metal wall pulled down over the front desk. I knocked - no answer! I saw that there was an after hours number on the front door so I called it - it was a security service! I slept not a wink due to the complete uncomfortableness of the bed despite my tiredness! I let my husband toss and turn until 645 am when I decided it was time to go! When we got downstairs there was still no one at the front desk. I would never stay here or recommend it to any one for any reason! STAY AWAY unless you like throwing your money down the drain. Ive stayed in better $40 a night hotels on the side of the highway! Forget management - the owners of this joke of hotel will be hearing from me! They are only lucky I couldnt reach them at 3 am with my ridiculous bed and broken toilet!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple