“No.”

Jameson Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place is a dump. I think there are some misleading positive reviews, possibly placed by the owners or employees. I would advise you to avoid this place at any cost. The rooms and common areas, including the breakfast area, were filthy with stains on everything. The breakfast itself wasn't worth the time to stop and look at. We were actually frightened to eat there and went instead to a restaurant nearby. The staff, while not rude, was inattentive and more interested in texting or IM'ing than helping customers.

Room Tip: If you are interested in a good room, choose one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

We do apologize for your poor stay here at Jameson Inn & Suites of Newport News. We also thank you for posting a review to let us know what we need to improve on such as stains on our furniture. It is apparent you will not be staying here again but hopefully in the future you can stop by and see we do take these reviews seriously and some of the problems you addressed will have been fixed. We pride ourselves on not making fake reviews as you can see looking at even the good ones have some suggestions. Thank you again for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Jameson Inn & Suites

Reviewed 14 July 2013

If this place is your only option, you are better off in your car or on a park bench. This was the nastiest, dirtiest, most vile hotel I've ever experienced. I read the tripadvisor reviews regarding this place, and had hoped to avoid it, but the group I traveled with had already locked it in. Our room smelled horrible - a stomach-churning stench- and even though my husband (a non-smoker) was required to sign a non-smoking waiver, there was an ash tray by the bed and the room reeked of cigarettes. I have never seen so many stains - on every piece of furniture, the sheets and even the cigarette-burned toilet seat. There was a large splash of something gooey inside the closet door. If you must stay in one of these rooms, bring an industrial sized can of lysol, some hand sanitizer and maybe even a haz-mat suit. The "deluxe hot breakfast" was a malfeasant pile of stale biscuits, suspicious "gravy" and pond-water coffee. No one in my travel party could risk exposure to any of the breakfast offerings.
If not for the pleasant front desk staff, I would need to seek treatment for for Jameson Inn PTSD.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Julie P

We apologize for your terrible experience at Jameson Inn & Suites. We are currently renovating and fixing issues left from an old company. The new company took over June 27, 2013 in the middle of sold out weekends during the busiest time of the season. This is no excuse for what you encountered but we have taken your review and others seriously and hope if you are in the area again you will come by and see a huge difference. Thank you for your review of our hotel and know it can only make us better.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

A girlfriend and I were in town for the Hampton Jazz festival, June 28th - June 30th and when we arrived at the hotel we did not have a double bed suite as requested. They had given our room away and put us in a king suite with a pull out bed. No one contacted me to inform me that they no longer had a room that I had requested. Even the manager said a call to me should have taken place. The sofa of the pull out bed was so soiled that we asked for sheets to cover the sofa before sitting down. My friend never pulled out the sleeper. She slepted on top of the sheets. The room was a smoking room and we had requested a non-smoking room. When, we had arrived there were no more rooms available, and we had arrived within one hour after check in which was 3:00 p.m. The refrigerator did not work and we thought it was due to it not being plugged in so the manager plugged in the frig and 30 minutes later it had not gotten any cooler, so they brought us a new frig. The pipes under the bathroom sink was dripping water that would splash on our feet when the water was running. They did fix that issue. My friend contacted me two days after being home that her right arm and shoulder has broken out with several large red bumps which itch. If, she does not see any improvement within a day she will go to the doctor to see what the breakout could be. Although, the breakfast was good, I will never ever stay at this hotel again. It wasn't a good experience at all. We did not feel the comfort of staying in a very clean and well kepted hotel. We both have stayed in many, many hotels throughout our lives. What was portrayed on their website is not at all what we experienced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dion B
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed June 16th though the weekend. My husband and i upon checking in, i was tired an ready to go to sleep. i was a bit upset that the clerks at the desk could'nt find my reservation i was waiting at the desk for about 30 minutes before a lady came in and just got a room for me. I was so relieved that i could lay down and sleep! I cannot remember her name because i was exausted and i was not paying attention but she had blonde hair and i wanted to thank her very much for getting me settled so i can get some sleep. the room was very comfortable and super clean! (i give a big pat on the back for the maids!) I had a very good stay there at the Jameson Suites I will be coming back in a couple months!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Jameson Inn & Suites Newport News. We appreciate the positive statements regarding you stay. We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Best part was breakfast- at least 3 hot items to choose from-waffles, omelets (the premade type but still decent), sausages, nice selection of toaster items, coffee, juices good. Breakfast starts @ 6am for earlybirds. The room-just ok. Bed & pillows comfortable. Wouldn't use easy chair & ottoman-lots of stains. The clock radio malfunctioned-started flashing 1200am & then died. Bathroom appeared clean. Bathroom towels thin & rather cheap. Had an issue with my reservation-hotel didn't have a record of it-took some time to resolve while the front desk clerk was telling me the hotel was just about full yet the other clerk was checking in a "walkin" guest. On the exterior, the hotel is attractive, a short drive off the main road (J Clyde Morris Blvd). Didn't have time to use the pool but the pool area appeared clean.

Room Tip: Hotel is located in a quiet area-no worries about hearing interstate or highway traffic. Had a King...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Staff was pleasant, courteous and helpful. Hotel is 7+ years old and shows the wear and tear -- table lamp missing bulb and on/off switch; holes in sofabed; carpets need shampooing; pneumatic control on desk chair didn't work (kept going to lowest position); etc. Hotel a bit off the 'tourist' route and not many good restaurants in the area. Breakfast food was so-so. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The check in was pleasant and the front desk was very helpful. There were people running around like they lived in the hotel and were just there to hang out. I had to ride the elevator with two gentlemen that were very forward and rude. I immediately didnt feel safe. I was constantly worried about my car parked outside. As I tried to get comfortable in the bed with the smallest hotel pillows I've ever seen, a random man knocked on my door. The chair was beyond disgusting. I didnt put any of my things on any surface in the room. I balanced everything on my suitcase. It looks like the bathroom was started to be updated. Thank god there are two locks on the door. I felt so safe I wanted to check out and get a refund but I was too scared to even leave my room. For $100/night I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this hotel overall.

• Stayed: May 2013