“Ok”

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Ravenna mi
“Ok”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We got here at 300 am they charged us for a entire night instead of just an early check in so our actually 2 night stay we had to pay for three night I asked the man about it and he wasn't nice
Never told us about the complimentary breakfast or that it ended at 9 am bath room not stocked well only 2 towels for 3 people and mold in corner of bathroom floor

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hotel is close to a mall but hotel Looks a bit scary with no street lights and dark outside. Rooms are ok and TV is old style tv. Breakfast is horrible.bread and muffins both being very hard and bad. Waffles are ok. Lot of restaurants are close to it at around 2.5 miles from it.

• Stayed February 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have about 15 rooms left to have all flat screens I do apologize for the disappointment this caused. The bread items being hard, on our hot complimentary breakfast, is not a common complaint so I am very disappointed you had a bad experience with it. We have been switching out so vendors so hopefully that will cure that issue. I see you often write reviews I hope you give us an opportunity to turn this one around. Thank you for giving us feedback now we have an opportunity to focus on those issues. We hope you do decide to come back and give us another chance to make your stay a perfect stay.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a very pleasant, clean, and comfortable place to stay while visiting Newport News VA.
The General Manager is wonderful! All of her staff that I met was very helpful and willing. I will stay here every time I come in town.

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed!!

Room Tip: This is a nice out of the way hotel. not a lot of noise and around the corner from all the restaura...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Newport News. We do have a great staff I must say so myself, I enjoy everyday watching them interact with our guest, it's something we pride ourselves on. Thank you for noticing and taking the time to let the world know you had a great stay!
Virginia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Pro: Friendly front desk service; lots of pillows; good bathroom amenities; quiet and convenient location; free breakfast; bargain price
Con: Carpets needed cleaning; noise from floor above and neighboring room (but not at night); old tube-style TV; low water pressure in shower (but sufficient hot water); front desk not always attended (several phone calls went unanswered)
Summary: We found the location just great - near I-64, CNU and the Ferguson Center for the Performing Arts, in a quiet business park neighborhood. Any minor complaints are more than obviated by the very reasonable price. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We encountered noise from footsteps in the room above. Unfortunately, the top-floor rooms permit sm...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so helpful getting a positive/negative kind of review it gives us some points to grow on. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We have about 15 rooms left to swap the televisions out to have 100% flat screens, something we have been working on. Next time you are in Newport News we would be honored if you stay with us!
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My family and I stay at this location every time we are in the Hampton Roads are! It is affordable, clean and the staff is great and very accomodating. The General Manager Alcina is Awesome and my kids just adore her! If my wife and I have ever needed to know any local information, Alcina has been spot-on with it thus far. We highly reccomend this hotel, as it hosts a super family friendly enviroment.

The Crockett Family.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review we really appreciate it! We enjoy you and your family as well. I must admit you have the most well-mannered children I have ever encountered! Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I checked out this morning. We stayed with our dog. We have stayed at better hotels. That being said, not all of the "better" hotels were much different. Is it shabby? A little bit. But it was clean and the staff was, for the most part, friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze and the young lady was efficient and very nice. The room is your typical motel type room. The TV worked well and the water in the shower was hot. It was a little loud in the evening because there were several groups of kids staying. In the big picture, who cares. We weren't planning on moving in and by 10PM it was quiet. I had asked the desk clerk to place us near the door so that my husband could walk the dog easily and she was very accommodating. There is ample grassy space for walking the dog. I was charged an extra fee for the dog to stay but in comparison to other hotels in the area it was very reasonable. We have stayed in other hotels that allow dogs in the past and invariably the rooms smelled. The room we were given smelled fresh and clean. My daughter lives in the area and we will be going back to this hotel. Although we really didn't have much in the way of breakfast other than coffee(which was very good), the breakfast room was clean and the kids who were there were enjoying making the waffles and helping themselves to the ample amount of food that was presented. The dog did enjoy the sausage that my husband snagged for him :). We will be returning to the Jameson in a few weeks. I have no issue with this hotel at all.

Room Tip: When traveling with a dog always ask for a room near an outside door so that walking is easier.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
On behalf of the Jameson Inn staff we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn & Suites as we know there are many places you could have chose but we appreciate you staying here. We look forward to seeing you and you doggy on your next visit.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. November 1,2013 which will be my last. Apparently, there was family from a wedding going on this weekend, they were very busy. I made reservations on three days prior, only thing left was a smoking room. When I got in the room the washcloths and towels were dirty. There was food on the floor in the living room area, the sofa was extremely filthy and the room smelled horrible. There were lights that had blown bulbs. I was very upset because normally the rooms are superb. I can say even though this was my first bad experience there, I would not come back. Needless to say, I did not lay my head there. I kindly grabbed my things and left!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike J
I am very disappointed Mike J that after such a long history of staying here we received such a horrible review. We have been accommodating you since as early as June. I deeply apologize for such a horrible experience you had here at our hotel. This as you earlier noted is not normal practice for this property. We would love to make this up to you if given the opportunity please contact me at personally by phone or email and I will see that this all straightened out and you will be satisfied. If we do not earn your business back then thank you for the review so we can fix the issue with that room.