“Food/Service OK”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been going here on occasion for almost 10 years. The restaurant has only recently improved after declining in quality for a long time. Its a shame as the asthetics are great...right on the James River. There is not another restaurant in the area that boasts such a great atmosphere. Unfortunately, the food/service is not on par with the venue. There was a serious collapse in the quality about 5 years ago and it only recently has tried to recover. I swore off of the place for 2 years and have only returned in the past 2 years. In the past I had been served produce that was almost rotten and seafood that seemed aged. More recently I have had a decent rockfish dinner and salads that have been quite a bit better than in the past. Im still on the fence about the place but the venue is worth it sometimes. Also unfortunately, it may be the best choice for seafood in the area.

1  Thank edward d

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great food, ambience, and view! The company I used to work for would have "Meeting or exceeding the monthly goals" night for the whole company. I have been back many times, just my wife and I.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Love this place. Would be prettier in the warmer months. Right at the foot of the bridge (so be careful--we missed the right turn and had to go across the bridge and back). Staff were pleasant, food was excellent and ambience and location can't be beat for that riverview feel! And did I say they were kid-friendly?

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very good cream of crab soup. We had all seafood dinners and all were very good. We tied up to their dock which is part of their fishing pier. Nice evening.

1  Thank jbyacht
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have been here several times, usually on weekday evenings or lunchtime on the weekends to insure smaller crowds. As other reviewers have noted, the menu is not that big. But that's good with us since our consistent choice is the she-crab soup. It is very creamy with no skimping on the amount of crab meat. Although it may seem just a little pricey, this is still better food, and less pricey than some of the Yorktown beach options; and just one bridge south with a much wider (and elevated) river view. Another bonus is the nice park nearby and plenty of free parking, plus you can even get some fishing time in on the fisherman's pier, and do it all without ever having to move your car!

1  Thank MissileEngr