“Truly Welcoming and the best hotel in Newport News!!”

Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have stayed in many of the hotels in and around Newport News VA and I have to say this is by far the best. We felt so welcome as soon as we came in the door, the lobby and breakfast area were spotless, the rooms are big and very accommodating. The staff are so wonderful I cant put into words what great, great customer service the staff provides. I had a chance to meet the General Manager at breakfast one morning Amanda, and she is so very pleasant and appreciative of all her guests you truly can see why her staff are the way they are. Her customer service radiates from her comforting smile to her welcoming demeanor and she passes this on to her staff members. She had no idea who I was or that I have been retired from the hospitality business for 8 yrs. I know what good service is and what it takes to provide it and The Mulberry Inn does just that to a tee. Kudos to Amanda and her staff, we will be back this summer and are recommending this hotel to our friends and family visiting the area."

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words, I have shared your review with my staff and congratulated them all for the service they provide. It was wonderful to meet you and I hope to see you again soon. Take care and thank you again for the wonderful review. Safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We are happy that we stayed at the Mulberry Inn. Excellent service by Bobbi Bradley at front desk, she went beyond her expectation and made our stay comfortable. Great price, good and fresh breakfast every morning. Clean rooms.........can't ask for much more. We would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are quieter and large.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We used Travelocity saved over $10 from the regular rate, free wifi, breakfast. We had two families with two rooms and they were able to get our rooms across from each other.
They had a pool table room and a theatre room(50 inch TV) for watching movies.
Would utilize them again if in the area.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We are very happy that we stayed at the Mulberry Inn. A super nice hotel with one of the friendliest and capable staffs we have ever seen. Thanks especially to Pat and Shiela on the front desk. We would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it.
The closest Hotel to Fort Eustis.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BetsyD1

Thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing how wonderful my staff treats our guests, I have high expectations for guest service at my property and I love to hear that my staff continues to provide it. Thank you once again for your lovely review.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

A wonderful, up to date, and exceptionally clean place for such a great low price!!! All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Delicious free full breakfast every morning. Theater room and billiards room for entertainment, aerobic and weight rooms for exercise....can't ask for much more. Even in a power outage during a winter storm, the staff took excellent care of the guests!! Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for you kind words. We are striving to meet all of our guests needs when coming to the Mulberry Inn. Please come back to see us.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

After traveling for four hours after working all day. Finally arrived at the hotel at 11pm hoping just for a smooth check-in, I got that plus two smiling faces. Room was basic but clean the sheets even smelt good, unusual for a motel that isn't a five star motel, which I can't afford. I travel about six to ten times in a year and normally looking for good three star motels, trust me it takes some effort, the Mulberry Inn fits this bill. If my daughter decides to attend Christopher Newport University we found our spot. And the breakfast was great plenty of selection bacon two types of sausage fruit eggs(two types) a lot of extras. Would highly recommend this motel for the cost conscious.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lookin4deal2014

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast, we are always making improvements and love to get feedback from our guests so that we can go that extra mile to make every guest comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip through Newport News.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

One night stay while visiting relatives Thanksgiving weekend. The property is kept up. The rooms are basic but I didn't have any issues with any of it. It's about a mile down the road from plenty of restaurants and anything else you could need and has quick access to the interstate. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was fine except that they seem to be adjusting to a new system for their charge card terminal or something - no big deal. I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast buffet as I was having breakfast with family so I can't comment on that. I think the wifi was free. The TV is not a flat screen not that this matters to me. The bathroom is tiny but clean. The king size bed was comfortable. There was no noise outside - place was fairly unoccupied that night. I'd stay there again. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a small kitchenette containing an electric stove, microwave, mini fridge, and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roadwarrior10069

My team and I appreciate the kind words you wrote. We hold our standards of cleanliness high at the Mulberry Inn and always appreciate our guests input. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.