“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just a great place to stay close to Ft. Eustis, Bathroom and rooms were very clean. And reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning. Enjoyed the breakfast, and customer service was very respectful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights while visiting my husband stationed at Ft. Eustis. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was its proximity to Ft. Eustis. It was only about a 10 minute drive.

There were many bad things: people were slamming doors, laughing and talking loudly, cars were honking at all hours of the night. There was mold and dirt in the tub and walls above it. I found a used condom and some old food under the bed. Also, housekeeping didn't come by on one of the days and when I called the front desk to ask for more towels, the receptionist assured me someone would be there momentarily. No one ever came!!!

All in all, this was one of the most terrible hotels I've ever stayed at. Save your time, money and sanity and book somewhere else!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank steeenbear
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello- I am very concerned with your experience during your stay at the Mulberry Inn. First I am very sorry your experience was not a relaxing and pleasant one. We strive to make all of our guests comfortable and welcome. I apologize for the outside noise you experienced, I will take action with our security team to try and handle to noise level better. For the items you say were under the bed, I'm curious and addressing my housekeeping department because we have installed box bed frames to eliminate the debris or waste from going under the bed. Once again I do apologize for the housekeeping issues and have addressed my executive housekeeper and our team directly from your review. I have also had our maintenance team searching for the mold reminisce you mentioned. Thank you for making me aware of your issues so that we can take action to correct.
Knebworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ended up at The Mulberry as the Holiday Inn across the street was fully booked. What luck! Received a very warm and friendly welcome from Shiela at the front desk who also provided us with a wealth of information on various food delivery options.

The room was very clean and comfortable; free breakfast was pleasant and of a good standard. Overall a very good stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane P
I am so glad that your stay was a great one we do strive to please at the Mulberry Inn, I have passed your review on to Sheila and she is very appreciative for your words. She loves her job and love to serve her guests. Thank you again.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have stayed in many of the hotels in and around Newport News VA and I have to say this is by far the best. We felt so welcome as soon as we came in the door, the lobby and breakfast area were spotless, the rooms are big and very accommodating. The staff are so wonderful I cant put into words what great, great customer service the staff provides. I had a chance to meet the General Manager at breakfast one morning Amanda, and she is so very pleasant and appreciative of all her guests you truly can see why her staff are the way they are. Her customer service radiates from her comforting smile to her welcoming demeanor and she passes this on to her staff members. She had no idea who I was or that I have been retired from the hospitality business for 8 yrs. I know what good service is and what it takes to provide it and The Mulberry Inn does just that to a tee. Kudos to Amanda and her staff, we will be back this summer and are recommending this hotel to our friends and family visiting the area."

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind words, I have shared your review with my staff and congratulated them all for the service they provide. It was wonderful to meet you and I hope to see you again soon. Take care and thank you again for the wonderful review. Safe travels to you and yours.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We are happy that we stayed at the Mulberry Inn. Excellent service by Bobbi Bradley at front desk, she went beyond her expectation and made our stay comfortable. Great price, good and fresh breakfast every morning. Clean rooms.........can't ask for much more. We would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are quieter and large.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We used Travelocity saved over $10 from the regular rate, free wifi, breakfast. We had two families with two rooms and they were able to get our rooms across from each other.
They had a pool table room and a theatre room(50 inch TV) for watching movies.
Would utilize them again if in the area.

Stayed April 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We are very happy that we stayed at the Mulberry Inn. A super nice hotel with one of the friendliest and capable staffs we have ever seen. Thanks especially to Pat and Shiela on the front desk. We would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it.
The closest Hotel to Fort Eustis.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BetsyD1
Thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing how wonderful my staff treats our guests, I have high expectations for guest service at my property and I love to hear that my staff continues to provide it. Thank you once again for your lovely review.