“Great Hotel”

Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Mulberry Inn during a trip to visit my brother located at Fort Eustis. This place was such a great surprise!!! I could not be more pleased with the hotel, its very clean, very reasonably priced, they have a great hot breakfast, a cool theater room to watch movies with the kids, a great pool. Very nice fitness center if you like to work out. I met many of the staff members and all were top notch friendly and welcoming we felt so comfortable. The only bad thing I could say is that a Holiday Inn Express is right next door and the staff over there didn't seem as pleasant. I over heard some of them out side talking about their manager. This could reflect on the fabulous service the Mulberry provides, I hope not cause the Mulberry Inn deserves all the praise you can give it, in todays society its hard to find good quality service and people who truly care about their customers, the Mulberry Inn has this down pact. Two thumbs up!! We will be back in a few months. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Arianna D
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I will pass this review on to my staff. I always try to share the words of our guests to the staff members to show them that all their hard work and dedication is appreciated. I am so pleased that you felt welcome and had a great stay at the Mulberry Inn, we strive to give our guests the best when they choose to stay with us. We do truly care for each and everyone of our guests. Thank you again and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in last night, having read the reviews, great as they were, I was still skeptical. I mean low price, hot breakfast, come on now! Well I'm pleased to say, believe the reviews!
Staff is friendly and courteous, hot breakfast, clean rooms. It's an older hotel, but by no means run down or neglected, pool table, theater room, gym area.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MGMWOODS

I am super happy you read the reviews before staying and decided to give us a try. I am even more pleased that you loved the place. My staff and I strive to give our guests the best experience while staying with us. Thank you so much for giving The Mulberry Inn a chance to serve you and your family. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was great. Clean rooms, Friendly people and free breakfast.It is close to Ft Eustis and a lot of places to eat. I would definitely stay here again. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate your great review and more so I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I love to serve our guests with the highest quality of hospitality we can provide and are grateful that you took the time to write a review. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was recommended to me by an associate I was skeptical at first being unbranded but I have to say this place is top notch. Rooms are big an accommodating. Breakfast was outstanding, hotel has one of the best fitness centers I have ever seen offered. They also have a game room with pool table, and a theater room with 50 in TV and a slew of movies to watch for free. The pool was crystal clear and very refreshing. The best part of my stay was the staff they are friendly as all get out and very accommodating, I felt like I was visiting family. I would give this hotel a 10. I am recommending this jewel to all my friends, family, and work associates coming into the Newport News area. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward C

Well, I am so happy that someone else noticed what a jewel this place is other than my staff and myself. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you gave us "unbranded" hotel a chance to serve your hospitality needs. We are proud of what we have here and hearing a fabulous review like this makes all of our hard work pay off. I will share your review with all of my staff and once again Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just a great place to stay close to Ft. Eustis, Bathroom and rooms were very clean. And reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning. Enjoyed the breakfast, and customer service was very respectful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights while visiting my husband stationed at Ft. Eustis. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was its proximity to Ft. Eustis. It was only about a 10 minute drive.

There were many bad things: people were slamming doors, laughing and talking loudly, cars were honking at all hours of the night. There was mold and dirt in the tub and walls above it. I found a used condom and some old food under the bed. Also, housekeeping didn't come by on one of the days and when I called the front desk to ask for more towels, the receptionist assured me someone would be there momentarily. No one ever came!!!

All in all, this was one of the most terrible hotels I've ever stayed at. Save your time, money and sanity and book somewhere else!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank steeenbear
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello- I am very concerned with your experience during your stay at the Mulberry Inn. First I am very sorry your experience was not a relaxing and pleasant one. We strive to make all of our guests comfortable and welcome. I apologize for the outside noise you experienced, I will take action with our security team to try and handle to noise level better. For the items you say were under the bed, I'm curious and addressing my housekeeping department because we have installed box bed frames to eliminate the debris or waste from going under the bed. Once again I do apologize for the housekeeping issues and have addressed my executive housekeeper and our team directly from your review. I have also had our maintenance team searching for the mold reminisce you mentioned. Thank you for making me aware of your issues so that we can take action to correct.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ended up at The Mulberry as the Holiday Inn across the street was fully booked. What luck! Received a very warm and friendly welcome from Shiela at the front desk who also provided us with a wealth of information on various food delivery options.

The room was very clean and comfortable; free breakfast was pleasant and of a good standard. Overall a very good stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane P

I am so glad that your stay was a great one we do strive to please at the Mulberry Inn, I have passed your review on to Sheila and she is very appreciative for your words. She loves her job and love to serve her guests. Thank you again.