“Old Fashion but Good - Give it a Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vancostas

Vancostas
Ranked #40 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian, American, Greek
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Old Fashion but Good - Give it a Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I eat breakfast frequently in Newport News and our Favorite Breakfast spot seemed to be declining in Service and Quality so we decided to give place a try. We were apprehensive at first as it is old but the Restaurant is clean, the staff is friendly and most importantly the food was good. During our recent two trips I ordered the Italian Sub for ( Breakfast - I know but its what I wanted) It was excellent - Just enough on it to make it a great sandwich. The steak fries were very good also and a welcome change from all the fast food places that are pushing the tasteless "artificial " French Fries like at McDonalds and Burger King. Anyway - Yes this place is lacking on appearance but bottom line is that it is worth a try. Also their prices are very reasonable.
If you are into fancy it might not be for you but

• Visited October 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“Just Okay.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This place should really be updated and it needs to be cleaned. The food was just okay for me, nothing great. The prices are very cheap and my brother said that their pizza was good. I had the steak and cheese sub which was decent for the price. The decor is very dated and the walls look very dirty which are things that do bother me since it makes me wonder what the kitchen looks like and if its clean. If you are on a very tight budget and want some food than I guess you can visit this place.

• Visited September 2013
“Wow disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I am very disappointed with the restaurant- this was our first time eating here and we came in the first place because it shockingly had good reviews. Our server was very nice at atmosphere was laid back and nice but we ended up waiting over an hour for our food(we weren't the only ones) and normally I wouldn't mind if the food was good but the food was absolutely disgusting- toast was stale, bacon was fake and cold, French toast was soggy orange juice was watered down- I am just disgusted. And their bathroom was disgusting both men's and women's. will not be returning would not recommend. I guess you get what you pay for with the prices being so low

• Visited June 2013
Hertford, North Carolina
“Pizza Perfect best I have eaten. Pasta dishes Yum Yum YUMMMM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

MO the owner. Delighful man, friendly, always smiling. This place is not all that much to look at outside and inside is the oldfashioned dinner look. But they do not skimp on the food. Oh my goodness. Hand tossed pizza that pizza is the best I have ever ate. We had breakfast there. Two eggs, bacon crispy, toast, coffee, gritts. Two eggs, pancakes, toast and juice. $9 something. The prices are shocking especially now days. But you can tell this is the place people come back over and over. They have all you can eat evening too. Monday, Wendsdays you have to check his add. Again looks are not all that but the food is all that.. You have to go. Yum Yum. Around the area, not too far from K Mart on Warwick.

• Visited February 2013
“Perfect for Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I split a omlete. It came with potatoes and a side of delish pancakes, more than enough to split, for $ 7 including tax and a hot chocolate! Great food, friendly and fast service at a very reasonable cost. We highly recommend.