“Danny's Regular - A Shadow Of It's Former Self” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Muskegon, MI
“Danny's Regular - A Shadow Of It's Former Self”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We went to Danny's to feed an old habit. Their Danny's Regular Sub was our favorite when we lived there. We went after every Doctors visit when I was pregnant with both of my kids. So we were really excited to find it was still open since our last visit was fifteen years prior. We walked inside and nothing much had changed.

The dill pickles they serve are still amazing! And while the sub still tasted the same, it was a shadow of its former self. We were told it was because they use longer sub buns now and have to spread out the meat. Even if you stacked up all the meat on one side it wouldn't compare to the 21 layers we use to count - thick and juicy, served hot on a toasted bun. So good

So the craving was filled for the taste of the Danny's Regular, but the former sandwich will have to be a fond memory.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Dissapointing lunch at Danny's Deli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I ordered cold corned beef on rye and onion rings. My wife ordered a club-type sandwich topped with "Kosher bacon," which turned out to be either fried pastrami or shoe leather. The corned beef was rather sparse and very fatty. Half the sandwich was all I was willing to inflict on my arteries. I learned later that I could have ordered lean corned beef. In fact, the proprietor offered to fix me half a lean corned beef sandwich to go. The onion rings, which were very slow in coming (I think the waitress forgot them.), were very greasy and seriously overcooked. That's my first bad lunch at Danny's in many years. By the way, the pickles were very good.

• Visited July 2012
va
“Best Deli in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

We've been Danny's Deli fans for years. Ever since the rebuild this place has been a treasure. The food is awesome, fresh, and the selection of sandwiches or meals is more then ample.

The owners are a lovely group, and you feel as though you're part of the family every time you dine.

1 Thank soulslayer0