“Lacking Customer Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Newport News, Virginia
“Lacking Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Have been going to Monty's for several years now. However, will no longer go there. Sent my son over to pick up lunch and when he got home, one of the burgers had no meat! I drove over and brought the meatless burger showing them there was no grease or anything and simply requested the meat. Had to wait a while as she sifted through receipts (as if I was lying) then they had to wait even longer when she reluctantly cooked up a burger for me. I asked if perhaps I could get a new fry since the one I left behind at home would be cold by the time I returned and the manger said "it was an honest mistake, sorry, you will have to pay for the fries." Considering I wasted my time and gas one would think they could do something to make it up...but nope, nothing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ryan797

Newport News, Virginia
“Greasy Spoon!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My daughter (9) and I tried this place thinking it looked fun with the big penguin outside! The restaurant at the time was full of smoke and smelt like a deep fat fryer. I got a soda,but my daughter tried a Hamburger and fries. Yuk! Very greasy...never again.

1 Thank BritinVA579
Newport News
“Nice but not wow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Not much change. The build is lacking and looks un-cleaned not to mention the bathrooms. The food does taste good, but looking at the state of how the place is kept it leaves one wondering what the state of their grill is in.

• Visited May 2011
newport news, va
“Childhood Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2008

I have been going to Monty's since I was a child. It's a great, old fashioned kind of restaurant. The menu is full of classics, no frills and meals for under $5. My favorite is the hot twin burger, hamburger bun, hamburger, gravy, onions and mash potatoes...enough to share! Save room for ice cream.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great breakfast place. 2 can eat for under $10!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2008

great breakfast place. 2 can eat for under $10!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook