“BEST HOT DOGS EVER”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Newport News, Virginia
“BEST HOT DOGS EVER”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place has been around since the 50s and has moved locations a few times. Now it is on Warwick Blvd in Newport News in the Hilton SECTION. They still toast the hot dog buns and that is what makes it so different and special today. They have a breakfast menu also and quite a few regular items on the menu. You can call in for to go and then go to the park right up the street and have a picnic in your car or on a bench or park table and watch the birds and check out the JAMES RIVER BRIDGE view. 757-595-2151

Visited July 2014

Stevensville
“1950's Landmark and Style”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having enjoyed this restaurant for over 50 years, it's a great place for a quick, inexpensive, friendly meal. Some of my favorites are the breakfast special, the double cheeseburger, and the pineapple milkshake.

Visited May 2014
“Great place”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Also known as Monty's Penguin . My wife and her brothers have eaten here for years. This was my first visit and won't be my last. Had a double cheeseburger. Came with lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, ketchup and fries. Wow! Delicious. Too much to eat. Great service from the wait person. I love a good burger and this place is tops!

Newport News, Virginia
“LOVE THE HAMBURGERS BEST IN TOWN”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

been going there for years, love the food and love the old look. I go twice a week to eat, love there hamburgers and hamburger steak.

• Visited October 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Never again!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I took two of my grandchildren for a quick supper. One ordered chicken fingers that came out so hard I was afraid for her to eat them. !Another one ordered a cheeseburger plate. Burger was not awful but not good either. His fries were half done. I got the fried trout. One side of the fish was soggy. The other side was hard. It had no taste. Like eating cardboard. Two of us got the macoroni and cheeee. I sent mine back when she brought it to the table. Needless to say, I didn't eat mine. I paid $24 for food I couldn't even eat. That will be my last time!
If you see it on the road and think you might stop, DON'T!

• Visited October 2013