“A cafe on the edge of the square”
Review of Jagerstube

Jagerstube
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We only went here for coffee and cake but the locals appear to go here for cooked breakfast which was buffet style. We had cake and coffee and for the centre of a large city in the main square prices were reasonable at roughly 10.00 euros for two. Even if sitting outside go inside to see the painted ceilings.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

A simple but hearty German food, the kind you never get tired off. I had pork dish served with red cabbage, potatoes and cucumbers along with stein of dark ale. My wife tried a Cordon Bleu with spaetzel and glass of white local wine. Both were very tasty. Excellent service, very attentive.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Great Food, Good value and friendly people! We really enjoyed all our meals here. Massive servings, especially the liver was very liked.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

I read fellow critics and after reading several reviews of nearby restaurants, chose this one. Well, we both were delighted with our German fare. We each had different pork dishes and they were equally delicious. White asparagus were served in a dill sauce, the green peas were tasty, and the apple desert was devoured.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We were looking for a decently priced place with German food for dimmer.

The place reminds me of your typical small town café -- not fancy and kind of kitschy.

The food was homey and delicious. I had the daily special sauerbraten and the husband had the jager schnitzel. The food was fresh, plentiful, and delicious. We washed it down with a pilsner for him and some Riesling for me. Yum!

The service was low key, friendly, and efficient. She was very kind about my very old and almost forgotten German.

All the other patrons were German, so I would assume the food was authentic. The price was especially refreshing.

Great place!