“David´s recent visit”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bacharach
Germany
“David´s recent visit”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I only stayed one night in this hotel but I was immediately impressed with the very friendly welcome from Frau Ellen Scherschlicht on my arrival. Parking wasn´t too difficult to find but had I stayed a longer period, without my vehicle being moved away from a nearby road space, I would have got a parking ticket.

There was a slight problem with finding the details of my stay but Frau Ellen Scherschlicht´s husband knew straight away about my booking.

My room was very comfortable, large and simply enjoyable to stay in.

The curtains in the bathroom clearly need replacing as are small holes to be seen in them but, and despite my numerous amounts of overnight stays in other hotels, I cannot complain.

Frau Ellen Scherschlicht served all hotel guests and me during my evening´s stay. She worked with clearly, practiced observation and efficiency. Incidentally, it was Frau Ellen Scherschlicht´s birthday the following day but, she and her husband “carried on regardless”!

The food which I ordered and was cooked by Herr Scherschlicht, was most enjoyable and served most professionally, by his wife. By the way; During my few hours stay in this hotel´s restaurant, I heard music from the 70´s. Truly my era (due to my age) and, to my personal pleasure.

I woke a few times during the night (normal for me) and heard the regular sound of passing trains. The sounds were somewhat subdued although the rail line is approximately 150 metres away from the hotel. No complaint from me because of this however.

The next morning I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast. The food was well presented and it all tasted fresh and good.

The next time I am anywhere near Koblenz, private or business, I will surely wish to stay in Bacharachter Hof Hotel again

Room Tip: I can´t say as I was only in room 10 in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David Alexander... F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We only spent one night here, but wanted to stay longer if time had allowed. We had a nice room with balcony in the section with the spa, and bath with all the amenities. Price included a large breakfast. The location was great; right in the center of things in charming Bacharach. We enjoyed one of the best dinners we had in Germany in the restaurant...chopped beef (stroganoff) with spaetzle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TXTish
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Lovely B&B that was perfect, even during the off season. (Not much is open anywhere) We stayed for 5 days and Dirk and Ellen were the perfect hosts. All of their staff were friendly and responsive. Our room was always very clean and well kept. Never had to ask for anything twice. The shower was great each morning with hot water and there were large, thick towels. Breakfast and dinners are delicious-eat in the hotel! Never had a problem with any amenities. We are already planning a return to this region and will stay here. Recommending to our wine drinking friends!

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeanpr
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Normally I wouldn't be one to complain about every little thing but here there were so many issues that I just have to list them all:
- wifi is only in the restaurant and not always there
- had empty bottles in the closet and even after leaving it open the next day they were still not removed
- sofa had a broken armchair
- water stream in shower was weak and temperature changed from boiling to freezing
- tv was fuzzy
- room had no toilet paper and it took me 20 minutes to get someone to give me some
- no one at reception when I got there
- no shampoo etc.
- curtain wouln't cover the entire window

I did get some travel tips that were helpful however the last day was told that Bingen would have baggage storage which it doesn't so ended up spending much more time and money on additional trains to get out of there as had nowhere to leave my luggage.

I am quite surprised that this place has such good reviews.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Patzi
PERTH
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and I drove to Bacharach from Frankfurt Airport after a very long flight from Australia. We arrived at this hotel hours before check in time but owner Dirk showed us to our room which he had upgraded to a balcony room, as soon as it was ready. They provided free parking and breakfast is amazing, probably the best we experienced in ten weeks of travel in Europe. Dirk even provided Vegemite for me at breakfast! His friendly, bubbly wife Ellen shares running this hotel, they both speak perfect English and made us feel part of the family. Our room was spacious, spotless and comfortable with a terrific shower. We ate dinner in their restaurant twice which was delicious on both occasions. We hope to return to Bacharach one day and would not stay anywhere else.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Happy Aussie S
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I stayed six nights here in a superior double room for 124 euros per night. That included free parking, full, I mean Full Breakfast, sauna, indoor heated pool, and wonderful staff. The town has many wonderful restaurants, all cobblestone streets, and beautiful vistas. Our room was equisite. The front living area overlooking the Rhine with large open-wide windows decorated with geranium-filled flower boxes. From the bedroom and bath we overlooked vineyards and the chapel and castle. Wow!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Lichfield, England
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel on a recent trip down the Rhine Valley and what better place to be than the charming middle Rhine town of Bacharach Quality well appionted rooms with the added bonus of parking and and friendly and helpfull staff all speaking excellent English.

An the attached restaurant is good, see seperate review

Room Tip: Our room was in the Annexe with a nice Balcony and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple