“Warning” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 59 Hotels in Naxos Town
Prague, Czech Republic
“Warning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We spent 9 nights in August 2014. There were almost no dishes in the "kitchen". We were 3 people in the appartment and after asking the staff we were provided by 2 cups and 1 plate. Also, there was no shower housepipe. We had to walk approximately 500 m to the main building with the reception and ask for it. We saw cleaning ladies 3 times during our stay. We received new towels just once during the stay. Mattraces were new, but terribly uncomfortable with metal springs. And finally and surprisingly for us there was no check-in: we travelled with the Czech agency FIRO tour, and had vouchers on which there was written "Naxos Holidays" and not "Naxos Sun Studios". Lucy

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucie B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed for 8 nights at the studios and it was definitely not what I expected. The rooms have been renovated, are clean and quiet, but that's about all that's good here. First, It's not as close to the town as thought. Second, the pool looked dirty and didn't seem to have filters. Also, found a dead mouse next to the pool. Third, the pillows in our room were like bunched up pieces of cotton in a pillow case. Four, although the cleaning lady did a good job, she didn't speak any English and didn't seem to understand what I wanted. Also, there were only 2 bath towels, no hand towel, but one day we were given one bath towel and one hand towel - hard to dry off with a tiny towel!!! Last but definitely NOT least, the studios have a small kitchen, but there were NO utensils in the room - not even a glass!!! I was told to make a list of the things I needed and take it (yes, I had to go myself) to the sister hotel about a 5 minute walk away. Well, I did that but nothing was delivered. So I went again......and although they knew about the things I needed, I still received nothing. On my third attempt, I ended up carrying a few glasses back to the studios!!!!! On check-out, I asked for a better price (we had two doubles and a triple room for 8 nights) but they wouldn't give me a deal. (There are many small hotels on Naxos at better prices). They did however let us keep our rooms until our ferry at 5:00 p.m. and had offered us a free breakfast at the sister hotel one morning. I've stayed at many hotels, from 5 star to 2 star but this was the worst. For the price we paid, this place IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor facing the sea.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ZanyZina

Travellers are raving about these Naxos Town hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed here for 10 nights. The studio was ok regarding cleaning and standard, but we had a big problem with ants. We told the owners and the ants where gone for two days and then they came back...
The pool was clean and nice when we were there.
Good to know; the reception is located in a hotel 10 min walk away.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Longueuil, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

We stayed 2 nights here in July. We were very excited getting there for the complex is really nice and the pool area is beautiful. Our room however, was on the ground floor and didn't seem so clean. We stayed in many budget hotels and this was the one with the most bugs, big and small. Plus my friend noticed what she thinks were mice droppings on the beds. We were a little creeped out sleeping there.

The girl at the reception was really nice however, and we were able to rent a car directly there and were near the bus stop, so the location was pretty good. Maybe if we had stayed on a higher floor, the bugs would not have been so bad. It is part of the Naxos holidays complex, which I think is a little higher end, probably better.

Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sanpip
Fuerteventura
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

*******Please do not book a room/studio at the Naxos Sun Studios on Booking.com or on any other websites.*******

We and friends made the mistake of doing so on the Booking.com website. It took us one and a half hours walking and asking lots of people to find the place. No one had heard of it. It was far from the location shown on the map – over 1 km away, and one of the main reasons for choosing it was the location on the map.
When we eventually found it, it seemed to be dilapidated and abandoned. The grounds were totally overgrown – there was bush growing out of one of the studio terraces. The pool was half full of disgusting, dirty green water and rubbish. It was nothing like the picture on Booking.com website which made the place look nice – there in itself is a lesson. I have my own pictures of the place that I will try to post or I can send them to anyone. These photos were taken on Jun 24th at 14.00 hours. After we got back into town and got the Booking.com telephone number, we phoned Booking.com to say that the place was abandoned. They said that they would investigate and call back. In the meantime we found a place we had stayed in before close to St George beach – the Blue Sky Hotel and Studios - and for 10 Euros cheaper. This place is fine and the people are very friendly and we very much now regret not booking there instead. There is another lesson - stick with what you know.

The whole Naxos Sun Studios thing seems to be some sort of a scam and we are really surprised that Booking.com took them on and are very disappointed with them. I sent them a copy of this post and said that I hoped that Naxos Sun Studios would be removed from their site within a week. It is now almost two weeks later and I have not had a response from booking.com and Naxos Sun Studios is still on their website.

My major mistake was to book without a Trip Advisor or Booking.com rating for the place. On Booking.com is just said extremely inaccurately given the state of the place, ‘NEW!’
If you have booked Naxos Sun Studios please try to cancel as soon as possible. Refuse to pay any cancellation charges. As I said earlier I can send you photos to support this cancellation

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple