“Great food, great portions”
Review of The Old Inn - CLOSED

The Old Inn
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I visit this restaurant with my friends every summer. Its menu is large with choices for every taste and the prices are excellent to say the least. Though it is supposed to be a German restaurant it doesn't have that many traditional German dishes, but it is a very nice restaurant nonetheless.

1  Thank Stamatis T

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Tucked away in a little alley behind the port was a bit hard to find but it did worth the effort. Great german style food, children's portions, all very very fairly priced and enjoyed in a lovely quiet inner courtyard . The German chef/owner does teaches sth to us the Greeks of the crisis. That we are still doing it wrong, overcharging customers for bad quality, bad service, still trying to make a quick buck with the least effort. Would definetely go back, wish we had a similar place in our town.

1  Thank Mariza Z
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Unique location, great atmosphere and excellent food from a German sef

1  Thank papakos
Reviewed 24 September 2011

In two weeks stay on Naxos we visited the old inn twice....lovely setting up a quite ally near the old town-little hard to find....the food on both occasions was good (not perfect) the garlic bread very good the herb dressed salad a nice change from Greek salad..loved the sausage and beer....wife loved her chicken in mushroom sauce....This is a one man band operation-the chef/owner has one helper, apart from that he does everything -cook-serve-take orders-take plates...the restaurant was quiet on our visits, any busier then the service would suffer....but overall a nice change from Greek food with a nice courtyard setting...seemed mostly Germans eat here...we are English.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Having stayed in Greece for two weeks my wife and I wanted a change from Greek cuisine, although I was reluctant at first, we entered into The Old Inn's courtyard, this beautiful space was perfect for a delicious meal and to while away a couple of hours.

The special was spare ribs, which I had been hankering for as a change to salads, cheese and seafood. I was not dissappointed, the food was hearty, delicous and very resonabley priced. With so much competition in Greek cuisine in Naxos, this restaurant was a welcome break. This is not a burger and chips establishment but a well thought out, well produced expericene from the setting to the staff and service.

I look forward to my next visit, and would recommend this establishment to anyone who may want a change from the plentiful Greek cuisine